EAoD Prize Fight requests..get published in the Tidings!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
      Greetings and Salutations all! Happy New Year!

      I know you're all contemplating the new year, new oppertunities,goals to set and completejust for yourself. Well why not take the oppertunity and play a prize fight! My deadling for posting to the tidings is for the Mar'10 Tidings is fast approaching so I propose that you think on that resolution to enter the academy!

      Prize fights are done at events, so everyone can help you celebrate your prowess. Refer to the Ealdormere Calander and your local Marshall to enquire about event s that may include prize fighting (always ask the Marshall prior to the event).

      Steps to planning and playing a Prize fight:

      1) Candidates for any rank MUST BE PUBLISHED IN THE TIDINGS. To be published, please email me your SCA name and the rank you wish to fight into. I'll respond back and let you know about the qualifications of the rank and the status of your publication. Don't know the ranks, for now, email me questions and I'll respond, but I am working on a website, so stay tuned. My email is tamlin01@....

      2) Pick an event to fight the prize and ASK THE MARSHALL if there's time in their day/plan/programme to play your prize. This is just courteous practice to the marshal and your fellow combatants.

      3) Invite those of the rank you are trying to play into to help you with your prize. I can help you with the names of those in the rank

      It's as simple as 1, 2, 3 to set up you prize fight…there are other details and we can work them out as the process moves forward, but step no.1 gets you started…So what are you waiting for! Email me at tamlin01@... before Jan. 29th'09 so that I can put your name in the Feb'10 tidings!

      As well, all should know that the Feb'09 Tidings will publish that the following populace members intend to play thier prize fights:
      All those of the rank of Cadet are invited to Winter War to assist the following in their pursuit of the rank of Cadet:
      Steve le Piette Poisson of the Crimson Star (AKA Steve Belval)

      All those of the rank of Scholar are invited to Winter War to assist the following in their pursuit of the rank of Scholar:
      Wraith (AKA Ken Joyce)
      Tadc of the White Rose (AKA Tyler Booth)

      All those of the rank of Provost are invited to Trillium War to assist the following in their pursuit of the rank of Provost:
      THL Albrecht Stampfer
      Please come out and join the Academy in celebration and to provide moral support for these dedicate combatants in their pursuit to achieve their next rank in the academy

      In service,
      Lady Jocelyn Roget de Cranewall
      Preceptor of the Ealdormere Academy of Defence
    • Bob Roberts
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
        Just a quick question. Which winter war are the prizes for cadets and scholars being fought? In Potsdam or London? I am a cadet who is interested in fighting for my scholar.
        Chris

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
          That would be London.

          --- On Wed, 1/20/10, Yvonne <tamlin_01@yahoo. <mailto:tamlin_01%40yahoo.ca>