EAOD Tidings Article..Get you Prize fight Published!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2009
      Greetings and Salutations all!

      I know you're all contemplating that turkey dinner in the next few days, but, the deadline for my article for the Feb'10 Tidings is fast approaching so I want to steal your thoughts into prizing fighting!

      Prize fights are done at events, not practices; so that everyone can help you celebrate your success and witness your prowess. The first event in the New Year, that is eligible for prize fighting (Marshall willing, please remember to always ask the Marshall prior to the event) is the "Valentine's Day Massacre".

      Steps to planning and playing a Prize fight:

      1) Candidates for any rank MUST BE PUBLISHED IN THE TIDINGS. To be published, please email me your SCA name and the rank you wish to fight into. I'll respond back and let you know about the qualifications of the rank and the status of your publication. Don't know the ranks, for now, email me questions and I'll respond, but I am working on a website, so stay tuned. My email is tamlin01@....

      2) Pick an event to fight the prize and ASK THE MARSHALL if there's time in their day/plan/programme to play your prize. This is just courteous practice to the marshal and your fellow combatants.

      3) Invite those of the rank you are trying to play into to help you with your prize. I can help you with the names of those in the rank

      It's as simple as 1, 2, 3 to set up you prize fightÂ…there are other details and we can work them out as the process moves forward, but step no.1 gets you startedÂ…So what are you waiting for! Email me at tamlin01@... before Dec. 29th'09 so that I can put your name in the Feb'10 tidings!

      In service,
      Lady Jocelyn Roget de Cranewall
      Preceptor of the Ealdormere Academy of Defence