Fight Practice 21 December 2009 Rising Waters - P0sted from the Ealdormere List

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 15, 2009
      Hi All,

      I myself will not be going to this practice, but to those who are interested, be prepared, should it open up to rapier, the organizer will require solid numbers in advance. Someone should coordinate with the orgainzer...message below.

      "I just wanted to post a quick reminder about the fight practice in Rising Waters at 6:30pm at the Lake St Armouries in St Catharines on the 21st of December. If you are intending on coming to the practice and have yet to tell me could you please email me at shardie@.... If you have already emailed or spoken to me in person there is no need to re-email me. The reason that I would like an estimate of numbers is that this has been organised through the Warrant Officer's and Sergeant's Mess. This will somewhat limit the upper limit of
      people. With that said we are anticipating approximately 15-25 fighters at this point so there is a fair bit of room for more.

      Some fencers have indicated that they would like to participate and I would like to have them there to have fun as well but I need to know a fairly solid number of fighters before the invitation can be extended.

      This will be the second year that we will have had a
      practice at the Armouries and hopefully the Regiment will continue to allow us to build on it in the future.

      Dmitri"
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 15, 2009
        Is it just me, or is wanting to know if someone would come to an event
        before they are invited kind of a backwards way of doing things?
        Wouldn't an RSVP make more sense?

        --g

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 15, 2009
          On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:51 AM, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:
          > Is it just me, or is wanting to know if someone would come to an event
          > before they are invited kind of a backwards way of doing things?
          > Wouldn't an RSVP make more sense?

          They're testing the waters. Rising Waters doesn't have any active
          fencers of their own (as far as I know), so if a lot of people are
          enthusiastic about going they'll open it up to that, if there are only
          a couple of interested parties it's probably not worth doing.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 15, 2009
            What she said!

            > On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:51 AM, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:
            > > Is it just me, or is wanting to know if someone would come to an event
            > > before they are invited kind of a backwards way of doing things?
            > > Wouldn't an RSVP make more sense?
            >
            > They're testing the waters. Rising Waters doesn't have any active
            > fencers of their own (as far as I know), so if a lot of people are
            > enthusiastic about going they'll open it up to that, if there are only
            > a couple of interested parties it's probably not worth doing.
            >
            > Eyrny

          • Leslie
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 15, 2009
              It has nothing to do with testing the waters. There is much more to it then that, and if there are to many people Dmiti can get into trouble with his unit.

              and there is one active fencer in the Barony, and now that she is not longer Baroness and she has decidd to fence even if her leg is killing her, she will be out more.

              aibhilin

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 15, 2009
                An expert speaks :-) Sorry for forgetting you Aibhilin!

                Eyrny

                On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Leslie <leslie.falzone@...> wrote:
                > It has nothing to do with testing the waters. There is much more to it then that, and if there are to many people Dmiti can get into trouble with his unit.
                >
                > and there is one active fencer in the Barony, and now that she is not longer Baroness and she has decidd to fence even if her leg is killing her, she will be out more.
                >
                > aibhilin
                >

                > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne" <tamlin_01@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> What she said!
                >>
                >> --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@> wrote:

                >> > They're testing the waters.  Rising Waters doesn't have any active
                >> > fencers of their own (as far as I know), so if a lot of people are
                >> > enthusiastic about going they'll open it up to that, if there are only
                >> > a couple of interested parties it's probably not worth doing.
                >> >
                >> > Eyrny

              • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 15, 2009
                  I had hoped to go, but I was told there was no room for us there.

                  Yoshi

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 21, 2009
                    POSTED FROM THE EALDORMERE LIST!

                    Greetings and salutations all,

                    I know it is late but we can accomodate at least 10 fencers if there are
                    any interested at this late juncture. If you are interested could you please
                    email me at shardie@... so that I can tell her excellency Aibhiline and
                    Lady Findabhair that there will be fencers.

                    Lake St Armouries
                    81 Lake St, St Catharines
                    6:30pm-12:00am

                    Dmitri