Mega Fencing Practice

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2009

      With the success of the really big fencing/fighting practice in Ben Dunfirth
      I was wondering if anyone be interested in something similar at the end of
      January (Sunday, January 31st, 2010)in Der Welfengau.

      As a student group we have free access to a rather large site, Peter Clark
      Hall, in the University Centre. It has a big central space and some side
      spaces that can be partitioned off. We haven't booked anything yet; I just
      wanted to see if the interest was there for a big practice. I know late
      January isn't the best time for travelling but it is relatively event free
      (just 12th Night mid-month) and February is pretty full.

      Please let me know what you think and I can see if I can get the ball
      rolling.

      Yours in Service

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2009
        Sounds good to me :-)

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 10, 2009
          Definatley interested

          Jocelyn

          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Harris & David Stamper" <evedave1@...> wrote:

          > Greetings!
          >
          > With the success of the really big fencing/fighting practice in Ben Dunfirth
          > I was wondering if anyone be interested in something similar at the end of
          > January (Sunday, January 31st, 2010)in Der Welfengau.
          >
          > As a student group we have free access to a rather large site, Peter Clark
          > Hall, in the University Centre. It has a big central space and some side
          > spaces that can be partitioned off. We haven't booked anything yet; I just
          > wanted to see if the interest was there for a big practice. I know late
          > January isn't the best time for travelling but it is relatively event free
          > (just 12th Night mid-month) and February is pretty full.
          >
          > Please let me know what you think and I can see if I can get the ball
          > rolling.
          >
          > Yours in Service
          >
          > Albrecht

        • David Whitford
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 2009
            You guys have fun....I think the commute would be a bit rough
            Robert
            still lurking

            > With the success of the really big fencing/fighting practice in Ben Dunfirth
            > I was wondering if anyone be interested in something similar at the end of
            > January (Sunday, January 31st, 2010)in Der Welfengau.
            >
            > As a student group we have free access to a rather large site, Peter Clark
            > Hall, in the University Centre. It has a big central space and some side
            > spaces that can be partitioned off. We haven't booked anything yet; I just
            > wanted to see if the interest was there for a big practice. I know late
            > January isn't the best time for travelling but it is relatively event free
            > (just 12th Night mid-month) and February is pretty full.
            >
            > Please let me know what you think and I can see if I can get the ball
            > rolling.
            >
            > Yours in Service

          • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 2009
              I'm in. :) And I'm sure I can bring a few from my group with me as well.

              Yoshi

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 10, 2009
                From Gerrard: Hmmm depends on the weather !
                By the way what is the actual address of the site ?

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 10, 2009
                  Peter Clark Hall is in the University Centre of the University of Guelph.
                  I'm not sure of the exact address but it is fairly findable on campus. I
                  will post a map and directions if I can get this thing to come together.

                  By the way what is the actual address of the site ?

                  Thanks!

                • Samantha
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 10, 2009
                    Providing I can get myself up there, I am totally in!!!

                    Brenna

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 13, 2009
                      I thought Lions didn't LURK!

                      Jocelyn
                      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Whitford <dbw6969@...> wrote:

                      > You guys have fun....I think the commute would be a bit rough
                      > Robert
                      > still lurking

                    • David Whitford
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 13, 2009
                        Of course we do-how else can we get near our prey...
                        (yes there is a Thompson's Gazelle  reference in there-think back to silly games in other kingdoms)
                        Robert
                        wanders off for another nap