Re: [E_Rapier] I Need Your Help

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 26, 2009
      Definately spam.  Saw her last night in St. Thomas Ontario... definately not in England.

      Mateo

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 26, 2009
        Looks like somebody has spoofed her e-mail address or gotten access to her
        address book.

        --- On Thu, 11/26/09, Robert Bohler <robler2@sympatico.

        From: Robert Bohler <robler2@sympatico. <mailto:robler2%40sympatico.ca> ca>
        To: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
        Date: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 11:51 AM

        spam
        > How are you doing ? I hope you are doing fine, I'm sorry that I didn't
        inform you about my traveling to England for a Seminar.
        > I need a favor from you as soon as you receive this e-mail because I
        misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money,and other valuable
        things were kept, I will like you to assist me with a soft loan urgently. I
        will be needing the sum of $2,500 to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself
        back home.
        > I will appreciate whatever you can afford to help me with, I will pay you
        back as soon as I return,I'm counting on you on this,Kindly let me know if
        you can be of help so I can send you my details to use when sending the
        money through western union.
        > I look forward to read from you soon.
        > Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Louisa

        Ummm ... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over ?!?!?

        database 4638 (20091126) __________

        http://www.eset com

      • Anna B
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 26, 2009
          Definitely Spam.  Besides, " I will like you to assist me with a soft loan urgently. I will be needing the sum"?  Louisa has better grammar than that.

          R.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 26, 2009
            Besides that if she ( one of us ) did need help she ( we ) would use names.
            This internet system is becoming more and more compromised.
            Gerrard: Soooo Sending Louisa in England nothing and the real one here
            Lots of LOVE !! ... which is priceless.

            Gerrard

            Anna B wrote:

            > Definitely Spam. Besides, " I will like you to assist me with a soft
            > loan urgently. I will be needing the sum"? Louisa has better grammar
            > than that.
            >
            > R.
            >
            > ____________ _________ _________ __

          • Kathryn Halliday
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 26, 2009
              Besides -

              "Hello,

              How are you doing ? I hope you are doing fine,"

              just sounds corny, and she knows that this is a group e-mail and probably wouldn't ask that which is referring to one person.

              ~ Kathryn Halliday

              To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
              From: thltoymaker@...
              Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:36:46 -0500

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 26, 2009
                This is a common e-mail spoof as I understand it. There were some articles
                about it a couple of months ago.

                Albrecht

                From: thltoymaker@...
                Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:36:46 -0500

                Anna B wrote:

                > Definitely Spam. Besides, " I will like you to assist me with a soft

                > loan urgently. I will be needing the sum"? Louisa has better grammar

                > than that.

                > R.

              • Bob Roberts
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 26, 2009
                  This is a scam.It was in the news recently. The scammers find names or even make them up in order to make distress mails asking for reasonable amounts of money. They actually end up making quite a bit, even if they only bilk each individual a couple of bucks. It`s really pathetic that people in the world take advantage of the good will of others. I believe that some of the jadedness of modern people and theirunwillingness to help others is directly attributable to these evil people.

                  http://www.microsof t.com/Windows/ windows-7/ default.aspx? ocid=PID24727: :T:WLMTAGL: ON:WL:en- US:WWL_WIN_ evergreen: 112009v2