Tuesday UGMRS/Der Welfengau

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2009

      This is just a reminder that there will be a meeting of the University of
      Guelph Medieval and Renaissance Society in conjunction with the SCA Der
      Welfengau group. As usual the meeting will take place at 7:30 pm in Room 103
      at the University Centre on the U of G campus.

      This week will be a rapier practice. Unfortunately my wife will be out of
      town on business so I will be travelling light unless someone can pick me up
      at my place (Woodlawn and Victoria) and drop me off at home after practice
      (including the two kids, I do have a car seat).

      The following week we are hoping to have a movie night. Suggestions for
      appropriate medieval/renaissance themed movies would be welcomed. So far I
      have heard mentioned:

      Monty Python and the Holy Grail (I have)
      The Princess Bride (I have)
      A Knight's Tale

      I also have access to the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven (might be a
      tad long), John Boorman's version of Robin Hood (w/Patrick Bergan and Uma
      Thurman) which kicks the daylights out of the one that was made around the
      same time with Kevin Costner, Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King, The 13th
      Warrior and Shakespeare in Love. I may have a few others kicking around. If
      somebody has a copy of Flesh + Blood with Rutger Hauer, that would be
      awesome.

      Albrecht/David