Re: [E_Rapier] Baronial Birthday Bash/Investiture / Card Stamping

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 22, 2009
      On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@...> wrote:
      > Sorry for the short notice ... however ...
      > That card stamping guy will be attending Baronial Birthday
      > Bash/Investiture this coming Saturday.
      >
      > Soooo check your expiry dates
      > My next event will most likely be Winter War
      > Then ... Trillium

      Gee, I thought when you retired you'd get to MORE events!

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
        Looking at the Web calender and ... I'm not seeing that many that are
        logistically and financially viable ??
        One Twelfth Night in (Mono, ON) / Way up there !!
        Others in Mississauga / Barrie / and Ottawa
        Might attend the Ottawa one now that I have been offered crash space.
        A not so funny thing happens when you retire. You go from $$$ to .$.
        Not that I'm suffering ... just more frugal.

        *** Anyone know who the MIC is for Baronial Birthday Bash/Investiture ???

        Kathleen Gormanshaw wrote:

        > On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM, thltoymaker <thltoymaker@...
        > <mailto:thltoymaker%40cogeco.ca>> wrote:
        > > Sorry for the short notice ... however ...
        > > That card stamping guy will be attending Baronial Birthday
        > > Bash/Investiture this coming Saturday.
        > >
        > > Soooo check your expiry dates
        > > My next event will most likely be Winter War
        > > Then ... Trillium
        > >
        > Gee, I thought when you retired you'd get to MORE events!
        >
        > Eyrny

      • leslie falzone
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
          The format for the tourney's at Investiture, the first tourney is based on a norse fighting tourney, I know the norse did not fence, but it is my tourney. So the space you have is a carpet if you step off of it you lose. three counted blows to win,should be fun. Second tourney is a plank tourney in honour of our Pirate ships.

          aibhilin

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
            Right, so I'll be packing my fencing gear.
            --j

            On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM, leslie falzone
            <leslie.falzone@...> wrote:
            > The format for the tourney's at Investiture, the first tourney is based on a norse fighting tourney, I know the norse did not fence, but it is my tourney.  So the space you have is a carpet if you step off of it you lose. three counted blows to win,should be fun. Second tourney is a plank tourney in honour of our Pirate ships.
            >
            > aibhilin

          • Anna B
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
              Oh this should be fun!  I love plank tourneys!

              do we get to keep the carpet if we win?  is the carpet pretty?  is it soft?  if we kill the other person, can we keep their carpet?

              :)
              R.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                HOME GANG! I'm so bringing the daggers! Let the stick hand games being!

                Jocelyn

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                  YOu were supposed to be packing your fencing gear regardless..I'd hate to think you were not going to make our appointment

                  Jocelyn

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                    SHHHHHHH! It's a Secret!

                    --g

                    On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Yvonne <tamlin_01@...> wrote:
                    > YOu were supposed to be packing your fencing gear regardless..I'd hate to think you were not going to make our appointment
                    >
                    > Jocelyn
                    >
                    > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Right, so I'll be packing my fencing gear.
                    >> --j
                    >>
                    >> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM, leslie falzone
                    >> <leslie.falzone@...> wrote:
                    >> > The format for the tourney's at Investiture, the first tourney is based on a norse fighting tourney, I know the norse did not fence, but it is my tourney.  So the space you have is a carpet if you step off of it you lose. three counted blows to win,should be fun. Second tourney is a plank tourney in honour of our Pirate ships.
                    >> >
                    >> > aibhilin

                  • Anna B
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                      Oooh..secrets..  we likes secrets.. we has a secret too.. precious.. oh yes.. it's our precious..

                      R.

                      ________________________________
                      > YOu were supposed to be packing your fencing gear regardless.. I'd hate to think you were not going to make our appointment
                      >
                      > Jocelyn
                      >
                      > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup s.com, John Enzinas <jenzinas@.. .> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Right, so I'll be packing my fencing gear.
                      >> --j
                      >>
                      >> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM, leslie falzone
                      >> <leslie.falzone@ ...> wrote:
                      >> > The format for the tourney's at Investiture, the first tourney is based on a norse fighting tourney, I know the norse did not fence, but it is my tourney.  So the space you have is a carpet if you step off of it you lose. three counted blows to win,should be fun. Second tourney is a plank tourney in honour of our Pirate ships.
                      >> >
                      >> > aibhilin

                    • Leslie
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                        No, nice try, there might be a prize, maybe a nice viking boy. I know if you win you get to feed my 16 year old viking boy for a year!! That works ;D

                        aibhilin

                        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Anna B <abaginski@...> wrote:

                        > Oh this should be fun!  I love plank tourneys!
                        >
                        > do we get to keep the carpet if we win?  is the carpet pretty?  is it soft?  if we kill the other person, can we keep their carpet?
                        >
                        > :)
                        > R.
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • Anna B
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                          We have a guest room.

                          Does he do floors and windows?

                          R.

                          ________________________________
                          No, nice try, there might be a prize, maybe a nice viking boy. I know if you win you get to feed my 16 year old viking boy for a year!! That works ;D

                          aibhilin

                          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup s.com, Anna B <abaginski@. ..> wrote:

                          > Oh this should be fun!  I love plank tourneys!
                          >
                          > do we get to keep the carpet if we win?  is the carpet pretty?  is it soft?  if we kill the other person, can we keep their carpet?
                          >
                          > :)
                          > R.
                          >

                          > ____________ _________ _________ __

                        • leslie falzone
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                            yes he actually can cook and do dishes, do you have any idea how much a 16 year old boy eats?

                            aibhilin

                          • k.wyatt59@bell.net
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                              It's not a matter of how much they eat so much as do they ever stop eating...

                              Cainder

                              mother of a 15 3/4 year old girl...not quite the same but I understand.

                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                              Kelly Wyatt
                              k.wyatt59@...
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^

                              To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                              From: leslie.falzone@...
                              Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:09:10 -0500

                              yes he actually can cook and do dishes, do you have any idea how much a 16 year old boy eats?

                              aibhilin
                              No, nice try, there might be a prize, maybe a nice viking boy. I know if you win you get to feed my 16 year old viking boy for a year!! That works ;D

                              aibhilin

                              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup s.com, Anna B <abaginski@. ..> wrote:

                              > Oh this should be fun!� I love plank tourneys!
                              >
                              > do we get to keep the carpet if we win?� is the carpet pretty?� is it soft?� if we kill the other person, can we keep their carpet?
                              >
                              > :)
                              > R.

                            • Anna B
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 24, 2009
                                No, no, I have someone to cook and do dishes.. I need someone who'll do floors and windows.  And possibly vacum.  Does he vacuum?

                                R.