Re: [E_Rapier] Is this worth purchasing ?

  • argh@cogeco.ca
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 9 6:44 PM
      Actually John has a good point.... a good starting point for those want to get into historical styles might be Guy
      Windsor's "The Duellist's Companion", it centered around Capo Fero, but it has really good conditioning exercises for
      learning how to bend you body into those funny shapes...

      > I... I ... have a style...??? When did that happen ... ???? Gerrard ;-)
      >
      > I have been called " One of a Kind". However it was usually followed by... Thank God !!

      Aaron Miedema
      Lentus autem non celer sum.
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 10 11:28 AM
        William Wilsons book is also good for those looking to transition from
        more typical SCA fencing to a more period style.

        --Giovanni

      • argh@cogeco.ca
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 10 12:52 PM
          Right yes, I forgot that one for a moment, I second that recommendation.

          > William Wilsons book is also good for those looking to transition from
          > more typical SCA fencing to a more period style.
          >
          > --Giovanni
          >
          > On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM, <argh@...> wrote:
          > > Actually John has a good point.... a good starting point for those want to get into historical styles might be Guy
          > > Windsor's "The Duellist's Companion", it centered around Capo Fero, but it has really good conditioning exercises
          > > for learning how to bend you body into those funny shapes...
          > >

          > >> I... I ... have a style...??? When did that happen ... ???? Gerrard ;-)
          > >>
          > >> I have been called " One of a Kind". However it was usually followed by... Thank God !!

          Aaron Miedema
          Lentus autem non celer sum.
        • Artus Faucon
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 11 1:33 PM
            Personally, I would actually recommend choosing one well-documented
            style / master, and studying the crap out of that (Capo Ferro and
            Fabris are both great candidates for this). I dabbled for years in
            "period style", but it wasn't until I dissected Capo Ferro that I
            began to really understand period fencing. That depth makes it easier
            to pick up another manual or similar material and understand it enough
            to apply it.

            My 2 cents.

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 11 4:17 PM
              Any of you fine gentlemen seeking a very nefarious man with six fingers
              ...???