Baron's Howe

  • locusthellion
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2009
      I don't know if any of you are heading up to Baron's Howe next weekend, but if so, I'm looking for a ride up there. I will pack light, and will help with gas. I enjoyed the event a ton last year, and I'm really hoping to make it up there again next weekend.

      Yoshi
    • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 24, 2010
        For those of you that are planning on making the trek north, I'm offering my service as MiC. I'm planning on being there late on the friday at this point. I know we had a blast last year fencing in the little fort that's there, and hopefully we'll get to do more of that this year. So yes, we will play rapier in the north on Labor Day weekend. Come on up!

        Your in Service,

        Lord Kurushima Yoshiatsu (Yoshi)
      • Robert Bohler
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 24, 2010
          Forgive my newbie question, but what, when and where is "Baron's Howe"?

          Ulrich of Greyfells
          For those of you that are planning on making the trek north, I'm offering my service as MiC. I'm planning on being there late on the friday at this point. I know we had a blast last year fencing in the little fort that's there, and hopefully we'll get to do more of that this year. So yes, we will play rapier in the north on Labor Day weekend. Come on up!

          Your in Service,

          Lord Kurushima Yoshiatsu (Yoshi)

        • Steve Bulger
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 24, 2010
            Robert Bohler wrote:
            > Forgive my newbie question, but what, when and where is "Baron's Howe"?

            It's an SCA event near Bonfield, ON, hosted by the Shire of Brennistein
            Vatn, September 2-6. Web site here: http://www.baronshowe.com/index.html

            Gerhard

            __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5394 (20100824) __________

            http://www.eset.com
          • Kurushima Yoshiatsu
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2010
              I'd like to thank those few that made the trek north this year for some great fencing yet again at Baron's Howe. You guys that don't show are really missing out on a great site and a great event. Check it out next year if you can! In particular I'd like to thank Ziggy this year who allowed us to use the rings to fight in. What a blast! Definately gonna use them next year too.
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7, 2010
                I'd go so far as to say that Sir Sigfried actively encouraged us to us
                Mordain's rings and even sponsored our tourney by donating his
                winnings from the Armoured tournament.

                --j