Fencing at Coronation

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2009

      As posted earlier I will be running rapier at the upcoming Coronation event:

      http://www.wraithstudios.ca/royalty/coronation-details.html

      Here is the format I'm planning to run:

      Coronation Rapier Tourney Format - Coin Tourney

      The Coronation Rapier Tourney will take the form of a Challenge Format/Dance
      Card Tourney. Each combatant will be provided with 3 coins/tokens which they
      can use to wager on the outcome of their bout (and only their bout, no side
      bets please). A maximum of three coins can be wagered on each bout. Bouts
      will be fought to the first, second or third blood depending on how many
      coins a fencer bets. If three coins are bet, then it will take three bloods
      to that bettor to eliminate them from the bout. The combatants do not have
      to wager the same amount and all bets are settled at the end of the bout.
      Once a fencer has lost all their coins they are out of the tournament though
      they can receive loans from other fencers to continue. Weapons forms will be
      agreed upon by the fencers before their bout. The person with the most coins
      at the end of the tourney wins.

      Please let me know if you have any comments or questions about the format.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23 9:08 AM
        Yes, there is fencing at Coronation! Starting at 1 pm

        I believe Her Highness requested a bear pit, and if so we will comply,
        if not we will decide what kind of fighting to have when we get there.

        Eyrny

        http://www.ealdormere.ca/coronation/

        Tenative Schedule

        Court: 11:00
        Baron's Council: Immediately after court (approximately 12:30 pm)
        Privy Council: Immediately following the Baron's Council (approximately 1 pm)
        Bar and Lunch counter open at Noon (or right after court)

        Youth Combat Authorization at 12:30 (or right after court)
        Youth tourney to begin immediately following authorizations.
        Fighter Authorizations starting at 1 pm
        Bear Pit Tourney: 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm
        Melee's after the tourney should time allow
        Fencing 1 pm

        Ealdormere college of Heralds will be on site for submission and
        general heraldic help
        Also there will be a meeting of the Horticulture and Herbalism guild.
        Finally Lady Bethoc is running a class on medieval gardens and use of
        plants. Time is TBD

        Feast at 6:00 pm

        All times at the discretion of TRM.