Fencing Polearms/Belt

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2009
      I know this doesn't really affect us here but in case anyone gets ideas
      fencing polearms have been banned at the society level by the SEM. The
      temporary ruling from the DSRM is that anything with a handle longer than 18
      inches is considered to fall into the spear/polearm category and falls under
      the ban. They were never legal in the first place and were only
      quasi-experimental.

      I also inquired about the calling of "Belt" Giovanni encountered in the
      Woods Battle at Pennsic and no one has heard of such a convention so someone
      was not playing fairly. If anyone encounters something like this in a melee
      could they please remind their opponent that there is no such convention and
      if they are dumb enough to persist please bring it to the attention of a
      Marshal.

      Albrecht
    • Garry Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2009
        It falls under the "button" I have recieved before.
        Your sword hit some solid part of my pretty outfit... I have also heard buckle!