FW: [RN] Atlantian 5-man Melee at Pennsic

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 7, 2009

      From: sca-rapier-bounces+evedave1=rogers.com@...
      [mailto:sca-rapier-bounces+evedave1=rogers.com@...] On
      Behalf Of Baron Llwyd
      Sent: July 7, 2009 11:09 AM
      To: RapierNet - Fencing in the SCA; Atlantian Rapier Net
      Subject: [RN] Atlantian 5-man Melee at Pennsic

      The Atlantian 5-Man Melee Tournament at Pennsic
      Wednesday August 5
      Main Rapier List
      Check in starts at 9am
      Tournament starts at 10am

      The classic Atlantian melee tournament of five-person teams returns for its
      15th year. This is generally one of the largest tournaments at Pennsic with
      approximately 150 fighters making 30 teams.

      Rule Summary
      Atlantian conventions with:

      * Heavy Rapier only
      * No blade grasping
      * Normal Death from Behind
      * Fighters are not required to take tip cuts or push cuts.
      * No knee walking

      Teams will be limited to two fighters with top-level fighting awards. This
      includes either members of the Order of the Chivalry, or recipients of any
      Kingdom's highest level rapier award, such as a White Scarf. (This
      restriction applies at check in. If someone receives a promotion during the
      tournament, good for them.)

      Tournament format will be 4 lists of round robin, with the high scoring
      teams from each list advancing to a single-elimination semi-final round.
      Tourney format and conventions may be modified based on time constraints or
      number of attending fighters.

      So, get your teams together and have a great time with us at Pennsic.

      Baron Llwyd Aldrydd, Provost
      5-Man Melee MiC
      KRM, Atlantia

    • Yvonne Rogers
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 7, 2009
        I'm SO in! Love this tourney! Who's with me!

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 7, 2009
          Pick me! But I do take one of those two slots.

          I'm SO in! Love this tourney! Who's with me!

          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Eve
          Harris & David Stamper" <evedave1@...> wrote:

          > _____

        • Ross Weaver
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 7, 2009
            I'm interested but I have to check scheduling... I can't do all the
            tournaments, I have to pick and choose, I have to take my turn
            watching Lillyana too. With Cristabell teaching classes at Pennsic
            this year and me wanting to go to some other classes, time gets
            tight...

            ~Wilhelm

            On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Eve Harris & David
            Stamper<evedave1@...> wrote:
            > Pick me! But I do take one of those two slots.
            >
            > Albrecht

            > Of Yvonne Rogers
            > I'm SO in! Love this tourney! Who's with me!
          • Paul Perreault
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 7, 2009
              Well, this be my first Pensic war... I'm going to rapier until I drop, so I'm in. :D

              Yoshi

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne Rogers" <tamlin_01@...> wrote:

              > I'm SO in! Love this tourney! Who's with me!
              >
              > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Harris & David Stamper" <evedave1@> wrote:
              > >

              > > _____

            • David Gotlieb
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 7, 2009
                Just remember, there shall be no killing of Rabbits at Pennsic. We're on the same side. :)

                Dafydd

                Well, this be my first Pensic war... I'm going to rapier until I drop, so I'm in. :D

                Yoshi
              • Henrietta Verwey
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 8, 2009
                  Har, har, hare, ehem....thats funny. Have fun everyone, wish i could go
                  too.

                  Thora
                  On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:27 PM, David Gotlieb <dafydd@...> wrote:

                  > Just remember, there shall be no killing of Rabbits at Pennsic. We're on
                  > the same side. :)
                  >
                  > Dafydd
                  >
                  > --- On Tue, 7/7/09, Paul Perreault <locusthellion@...<locusthellion%40yahoo.ca>>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > From: Paul Perreault <locusthellion@... <locusthellion%40yahoo.ca>>
                  > Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: FW: [RN] Atlantian 5-man Melee at Pennsic
                  >
                  > To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com <E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com>
                  >
                  > Well, this be my first Pensic war... I'm going to rapier until I drop, so
                  > I'm in. :D
                  >
                  > Yoshi

                • Paul Perreault
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
                    LOL, Yes, I pledge I will not kill any SA rabbits at war. :)

                    Yoshi

                    --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Gotlieb <dafydd@...> wrote:

                    > Just remember, there shall be no killing of Rabbits at Pennsic. We're on the same side. :)
                    >
                    > Dafydd

                  • Ross Weaver
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 10, 2009
                      Come now Yoshi, I'm an old man now, much slower than I used to be, I'd
                      welcome a friendly spar on the list, I'll be an easy target for you
                      I'm sure, as I'm a much slower SA rabbit now.

                      ~Wilhelm the Old Man

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 10, 2009
                        Yes such a decrepit old man your Lordship !!
                        Hmmm if your old I must be ancient !! ;-)

                        Come now Yoshi, I'm an old man now, much slower than I used to be, I'd
                        welcome a friendly spar on the list, I'll be an easy target for you
                        I'm sure, as I'm a much slower SCA rabbit now.

                        ~Wilhelm the Old Man

                        On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Paul Perreault<locusthellion@...> wrote:
                        > LOL, Yes, I pledge I will not kill any SCA rabbits at war. :)
                        >
                        > Yoshi

                        .

                      • Paul Perreault
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 10, 2009
                          Easy target? I doubt that... it's usually the older and wiser fencers that make minsmeat out of lunatics like me.... Hell, ask Gerrard, that old coot had my number all weekend at Trillium! LOL

                          Yoshi