Re: [E_Rapier] Re: linen

  • Wendy Colbert
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
      You don't owe me any skeins of yarn. But if you want to visit and spin with me some time I would love it.
      Irene

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
        Frankly, I'm not certain where my linen came from. Cait picked up a great group deal and a half dozen or so of us got some about 2 years ago. I don't even remember what I paid for it, only that it was way more reasonable than it would have been bought locally. I got a bolt of a pale sagey green and about 10 yards of the yummiest orangey red. One day I'll get off my butt and actually sew something with them.

        Cainder

        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
        Kelly Wyatt
        k.wyatt59@...
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^

        To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
        From: tamlin_01@...
        Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 20:58:24 +0000

        I've tried punching a 100% linen, 4 layer swatch and had it fail...what Weave? Thread count? are you all using?

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2009
          Is that the stuff you were supposed to bring yesterday for testing?  :-P

          I've used Judy Linen, which is a brand name, and a lot of Fabricland's "standard" shirt weight.  I haven't seen a weave or threadcount on it.  Perhaps we should review use of the drop tester?

          Eyrny

          > I've tried punching a 100% linen, 4 layer swatch and had it fail...what Weave?
          > Thread count? are you all using?
          > Jocelyn

        • Yvonne Rogers
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6, 2009
            Grr..I had my linen at Trillium to.. Sigh..agreed that drop tester use review is a good thing. Not this Thursday though,..ah hmm.. alternate date is not coming to mind before Pennsic...

            JOcelyn

            > Is that the stuff you were supposed to bring yesterday for testing?  :-P
            >
            > I've used Judy Linen, which is a brand name, and a lot of Fabricland's "standard" shirt weight.  I haven't seen a weave or threadcount on it.  Perhaps we should review use of the drop tester?
            >
            > Eyrny

          • Wendy Colbert
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 6, 2009
              Would you like a swatch of the ILO19 linen that I use? If so how large a swatch?
              Irene