Re: linen

  • Yvonne Rogers
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
      Irene,

      YOu are a goddess. I still owe you 3 skanes of spun wool. DO I have penance to pay or a reprev until next spring?

      Please let me know.

      Cheers,
      Jocelyne

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Colbert <rapierlady@...> wrote:

      > Look here:
      > http://www.fabrics-store.com/first.php?goto=showarticles&menu=f&article=1
      > Fabric-store.com ilo19 has always passed the drop test with 3 layers, sometimes it will even pass with 2 layers.
      > Irene

    • Wendy Colbert
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
        You don't owe me any skeins of yarn. But if you want to visit and spin with me some time I would love it.

      • kgarlow@sympatico.ca
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
          Frankly, I'm not certain where my linen came from. Cait picked up a great group deal and a half dozen or so of us got some about 2 years ago. I don't even remember what I paid for it, only that it was way more reasonable than it would have been bought locally. I got a bolt of a pale sagey green and about 10 yards of the yummiest orangey red. One day I'll get off my butt and actually sew something with them.

          Cainder

          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
          Kelly Wyatt
          k.wyatt59@...
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^

          To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
          From: tamlin_01@...
          Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 20:58:24 +0000

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 5, 2009
            Is that the stuff you were supposed to bring yesterday for testing?  :-P

            I've used Judy Linen, which is a brand name, and a lot of Fabricland's "standard" shirt weight.  I haven't seen a weave or threadcount on it.  Perhaps we should review use of the drop tester?

            Eyrny

            > I've tried punching a 100% linen, 4 layer swatch and had it fail...what Weave?
            > Thread count? are you all using?
            > Jocelyn

          • Yvonne Rogers
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 6, 2009
              Grr..I had my linen at Trillium to.. Sigh..agreed that drop tester use review is a good thing. Not this Thursday though,..ah hmm.. alternate date is not coming to mind before Pennsic...

              JOcelyn

              > Is that the stuff you were supposed to bring yesterday for testing?  :-P
              >
              > I've used Judy Linen, which is a brand name, and a lot of Fabricland's "standard" shirt weight.  I haven't seen a weave or threadcount on it.  Perhaps we should review use of the drop tester?
              >
              > Eyrny

            • Wendy Colbert
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 6, 2009
                Would you like a swatch of the ILO19 linen that I use? If so how large a swatch?
                Irene