RE: [E_Rapier] FW: [krms] Pennsic request 2

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
      Works for me. I’m a good follower but not much of a tactician.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
        Greetings from Edward the Red,

        I guess that would be me :)
        TRM asked me at Pikemans Pleasure to be their Rapier champion, with one
        of my primary responsibilities being to lead our troops in the massed
        rapier battles at Pennsic.
        I know His Majesty is plannning on fighting with us in the 2 massed
        rapier battles at Pennsic -- he and I had a great time in the 2 rapier
        battles last year, and are looking forward to more of the same this year ;)

        If everyone who's planning to be fencing at Pennsic could contact me,
        either on E_Rapier or via email to patchett@..., that would be great.

        I'm planning to be at Murder Melee ( just for the Saturday ) and at
        Trillium war the next weekend, probably for Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
        With luck we can get some good rapier Melee fighting/practice in at both
        of those events.
        Does anyone here know who is organizing the rapier fighting for those 2
        events?
        How many people are planning to attend Melee/Trilliums and fighting?

        I'm looking forward to some great fencing this summer, and with luck
        fielding an even bigger rapier melee force at Pennsic this year :)
        -Edward

        Kathleen Gormanshaw wrote:
        > Hoskuld and are planning to be at Pennsic. Sir Edward has been chosen as the Rapier Champion for this reign, and from what he's told us it sounds like he's been asked to lead the troops as well. He's certainly good at leading in melees :-)
        >
        > Eyrny

      • Ross Weaver
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
          I will be out for the battles at Pennsic this year, but I will not be
          at either Melee (family visiting) or Trillium War (I'll be at Known
          World Dance).

          Ed, the several times I was rapier general for the Ealdormere there
          was a mailing list to organize ahead of time to discuss the battle
          details you should check if there is one this year. As well be sure
          to report to the Eastern commanders (we are fighting East right?), if
          you haven't done so already, they don't organize as well or quickly as
          the Middle for rapier in the last few years. The Middle has been
          taking the rapier more seriously in the last several years, as well as
          willing to work with the allied commanders more, hopefully the East
          are more organized about it now.

          I will be fighting with Ealdormere in any point battle I make it to,
          but I may be aligning with some other units for other battles (it
          would be nice to fight along side some of my other friends).

          ~Wilhelm

          On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Mark Patchett<patchett@...> wrote:
          > If everyone who's planning to be fencing at Pennsic could contact me,
          > either on E_Rapier or via email to patchett@..., that would be great.
          >
          > I'm planning to be at Murder Melee ( just for the Saturday ) and at
          > Trillium war the next weekend, probably for Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
          > With luck we can get some good rapier Melee fighting/practice in at both
          > of those events.
        • David Gotlieb
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
            I will have my newly authorized self at both Trillium and Pennsic and will have my rapier gear with me. I figure I might at least make a good decoy while the real fighters do something useful. :)

            I also plan in taking part in the ntourney at Pennsic for fighters authorized in the past three years.

            Dafydd
            (Harrowgate Heath)

            either on E_Rapier or via email to patchett@sybase. com, that would be great.

            I'm planning to be at Murder Melee ( just for the Saturday ) and at
            Trillium war the next weekend, probably for Friday/Saturday/ Sunday.
            With luck we can get some good rapier Melee fighting/practice in at both
            of those events.
            Does anyone here know who is organizing the rapier fighting for those 2
            events?
            How many people are planning to attend Melee/Trilliums and fighting?

            I'm looking forward to some great fencing this summer, and with luck
            fielding an even bigger rapier melee force at Pennsic this year :)
            -Edward
          • Paul Perreault
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009
              I will be at War this year (my first) :) I am unsure of wether or not I can attend Trillium, but I'll likely be running the fencing lists at Murder Melee. (BTW, I should have a schedule up for that soon.)

              Looking forward to jumping into the fray at Pensic,

              Yoshi :)

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Mark Patchett <patchett@...> wrote:

              > Greetings from Edward the Red,
              >
              > I guess that would be me :)
              > TRM asked me at Pikemans Pleasure to be their Rapier champion, with one
              > of my primary responsibilities being to lead our troops in the massed
              > rapier battles at Pennsic.
              > I know His Majesty is plannning on fighting with us in the 2 massed
              > rapier battles at Pennsic -- he and I had a great time in the 2 rapier
              > battles last year, and are looking forward to more of the same this year ;)
              >
              > If everyone who's planning to be fencing at Pennsic could contact me,
              > either on E_Rapier or via email to patchett@..., that would be great.
              >
              > I'm planning to be at Murder Melee ( just for the Saturday ) and at
              > Trillium war the next weekend, probably for Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
              > With luck we can get some good rapier Melee fighting/practice in at both
              > of those events.
              > Does anyone here know who is organizing the rapier fighting for those 2
              > events?
              > How many people are planning to attend Melee/Trilliums and fighting?
              >
              > I'm looking forward to some great fencing this summer, and with luck
              > fielding an even bigger rapier melee force at Pennsic this year :)
              > -Edward
              >
              > Kathleen Gormanshaw wrote:
              > > Hoskuld and are planning to be at Pennsic. Sir Edward has been chosen as the Rapier Champion for this reign, and from what he's told us it sounds like he's been asked to lead the troops as well. He's certainly good at leading in melees :-)
              > >
              > > Eyrny

            • David Whitford
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 16, 2009