Re: [E_Rapier] Fencing at Pikeman's?

  • argh@cogeco.ca
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
      Well I'll willingly act as MIC if that means there will be sword play. I even come with my own waivers and forms.

      Is Griffin on this list? If not, can someone forward him that offer.

      Aaron Miedema
      Lentus autem non celer sum.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
        Griffin said he was going to be in the kitchen and not fencing, also based
        on previous turn outs which have been poor. He said time and space would be
        available and if you want to run things you are welcome too, just let the
        autocrat of the event know.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
          Alright, I've put in the offer to the Autocrat, hopefully I'll have something tonight back from them to make it
          official.

          Aaron Miedema
          Lentus autem non celer sum.
        • DANUTE DORION
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
            I was planning on bringing my stuff.  Don't know yet what my entouraging schedule will be like.

            Alyce

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
              Well now, I'm attending the event, was going to bring my archery gear, but if there's going to be rapier, I'd much rather do that. :)

              Yoshi

            • argh@cogeco.ca
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2009
                Well I've offered to Marshall to the autocrats, I'm still waiting for word back. But there is always space and I have a
                seat there and back, so I think there is little reason not to officially declare that there will be fencing at the
                event. Anyone have and Tourney's the want to see? Any Cut and Thrust people going to be there?

                Aaron Miedema
                Lentus autem non celer sum.
              • Paul Perreault
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 6, 2009
                  I'm well sore, and will probably have a hard time walking tomorrow, but I had a ton of fun today. A big thanks to the small group we had today at Pikeman's, I had a blast. :D

                  Yoshi
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 6, 2009
                    I'm very glad fencing happened at Pikeman's. A big thank you from me to
                    those who made it happen. I hope I can get out there myself one day as it is
                    one of the first events I ever fenced at.

                    Albrecht, KRM

                    _____

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 8, 2009
                      Well Yoshi got his last singature for MITing a rather nefarious coin tourney.

                      It was a small... errr... I mean quality showing of fencers.

                      > I'm very glad fencing happened at Pikeman's. A big thank you from me to
                      > those who made it happen. I hope I can get out there myself one day as it is
                      > one of the first events I ever fenced at.
                      >

                      > Albrecht, KRM
                      >

                      > _____

                      Aaron Miedema
                      Lentus autem non celer sum.
                    • Griffin de Stokeport
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 8, 2009
                        I'm glad it happened too, even I did watch most of it from the feast
                        prep in the kitchen. I did manage to pop down for a few minutes to see
                        everyone which was great. Just keep this weekend in mind for next year
                        as this is something I really *want* to happen. This was honestly the
                        best attendance in number of fencers we've had for close to 5 years now.
                        If it does continue, we'll have a close conversation with the heavy
                        combatant MiC and work out a mutually agreeable schedule, as we did last
                        year (those bridge battles were a blast!). Plus, if we have enough
                        people... some nifty tournaments and prizes.

                        Happy to serve,
                        Griffin of Thule