Re: [E_Rapier] Fencing at Pikeman's?

  • Anna B
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
      Greetings!

      Gareth and I will be attending, though neither of us was/is willing to act as MIT, I did email Griffin some time ago to advise him that we'd be there if any other fencers wanted to show up and just 'play'.

      So hope to see you there?
      Rusalka

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
        Well I'll willingly act as MIC if that means there will be sword play. I even come with my own waivers and forms.

        Is Griffin on this list? If not, can someone forward him that offer.

        Aaron Miedema
        Lentus autem non celer sum.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
          Griffin said he was going to be in the kitchen and not fencing, also based
          on previous turn outs which have been poor. He said time and space would be
          available and if you want to run things you are welcome too, just let the
          autocrat of the event know.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
            Alright, I've put in the offer to the Autocrat, hopefully I'll have something tonight back from them to make it
            official.

            Aaron Miedema
            Lentus autem non celer sum.
          • DANUTE DORION
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
              I was planning on bringing my stuff.  Don't know yet what my entouraging schedule will be like.

              Alyce

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
                Well now, I'm attending the event, was going to bring my archery gear, but if there's going to be rapier, I'd much rather do that. :)

                Yoshi

              • argh@cogeco.ca
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 4, 2009
                  Well I've offered to Marshall to the autocrats, I'm still waiting for word back. But there is always space and I have a
                  seat there and back, so I think there is little reason not to officially declare that there will be fencing at the
                  event. Anyone have and Tourney's the want to see? Any Cut and Thrust people going to be there?

                  Aaron Miedema
                  Lentus autem non celer sum.
                • Paul Perreault
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 6, 2009
                    I'm well sore, and will probably have a hard time walking tomorrow, but I had a ton of fun today. A big thanks to the small group we had today at Pikeman's, I had a blast. :D

                    Yoshi
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 6, 2009
                      I'm very glad fencing happened at Pikeman's. A big thank you from me to
                      those who made it happen. I hope I can get out there myself one day as it is
                      one of the first events I ever fenced at.

                      Albrecht, KRM

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 8, 2009
                        Well Yoshi got his last singature for MITing a rather nefarious coin tourney.

                        It was a small... errr... I mean quality showing of fencers.

                        > I'm very glad fencing happened at Pikeman's. A big thank you from me to
                        > those who made it happen. I hope I can get out there myself one day as it is
                        > one of the first events I ever fenced at.
                        >

                        > Albrecht, KRM
                        >

                        > _____

                        Aaron Miedema
                        Lentus autem non celer sum.
                      • Griffin de Stokeport
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 8, 2009
                          I'm glad it happened too, even I did watch most of it from the feast
                          prep in the kitchen. I did manage to pop down for a few minutes to see
                          everyone which was great. Just keep this weekend in mind for next year
                          as this is something I really *want* to happen. This was honestly the
                          best attendance in number of fencers we've had for close to 5 years now.
                          If it does continue, we'll have a close conversation with the heavy
                          combatant MiC and work out a mutually agreeable schedule, as we did last
                          year (those bridge battles were a blast!). Plus, if we have enough
                          people... some nifty tournaments and prizes.

                          Happy to serve,
                          Griffin of Thule