Murder Melee'

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
      Blue Springs Scout Reserve
      14009 6th Line Nassagaweya, Acton, Ontario

      Site opens: Thursday 4:00pm
      Site Closes: Sunday 2:00pm

      Event Steward and Reservations: Godfrey the Archer (Logan
      McKnight) - paladin l64@...
      Pricing:

      NMS: $3 per adult non member Tithe: $1 per adult

      Thursday: $30, $15 child 14 and under
      Friday: $25, $12 child 14 and under
      Saturday (camping overnight): $15, $8 child 14 and under
      Daytrip (any one day): $10, $5 child 14 and under

      Family Cap in place (does not include NMS or Tithe fees):
      Thursday $75, Friday $62, Saturday Camping $38, Daytrip $25

      Cabin Fee: $5 flat rate per individual adult or child - Space to stay in the
      large
      bunkhouse is limited so it is encouraged to contact the event steward with a
      reservation and arrange pre-payment. All reservations not paid will be put
      up
      as first come, first to be served spots on Thursday evening.

      Their Excellencies of Ben Dunfirth do beseech all who read or hear of this
      missive to attend them on the tournament fields of Murder Melee this summer
      season. Come all Trillium Baronies and Shires, bring your Men-at-arms, your
      Companies, Retinues, Crews, Bands or Hordes and let a great clamour rise up
      as
      our forces meet in glorious combat. May our soldiers meet as opponents and
      before the tournament is over, may they be forged into a united scarlet tide
      that
      will overwhelm our enemies as we march south to War and Victory!

      Murder Melee promises to be an event that offers it all, a great site for
      families
      and camping, glorious competition in all martial activities and the services
      of the
      new Dizzy Dragon tavern for various sumptuous needs. Whether you are
      training for war or simply enjoying the summer season in wine and song,
      Murder
      Melee will not disappoint!

      Special Note: The site is now green friendly with no garbage bins, only
      recycling. All garbage must be carried out individually.

      Directions( From Hamilton, Burling, Niagra): - From QEW/403 take Guelph
      Line North - Continue North past the 401 - Roughly 10 minutes past the 401,
      turn right on side road #25 - Turn Left on 6th Line Nassagaweya - Blue
      Springs
      main gate #140 14 on your right - Gear to be dropped off and parking across
      the road the same as last season. (For Directions from other areas see the
      event site, accessed through http://www.ealdormere.ca/bendunfirth/Main
      .htm )

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2010
        From a very tired Gerrard: It was Truly a Huge amount of Fun !!
        Our deepest thanks and of course ... Congratulations ... Lord Kurushima Yoshiatsu
        A Baronial Award .. The Phoenix .. and a Kingdom award ... The Scarlet Banner

        Both well deserved... Wassail !!!!!!

        I'm sun burnt, and dead tired, but I wanted to take a minute to thank every=
        one who showed up to play this weekend. In particular I'd like to thank th=
        e marshals, MiT's and constables that assisted in marshaling the woods batt=
        le this weekend. I think it went very well, and the woods, along with the =
        novice tourney are going to become an annual part of Melee in the future. :=
        ) For those that missed out, about 25 fencers were out this weekend, and by=
        all accounts a good time was had by all! Queen Dagmar joined us in the wo=
        ods battle as well!

        My congradulations once again to Drogo who won the novice tournament and to=
        all the new fencers who authorized on Saturday including our King and Baro=
        n Richard Larmer!

        I had such a blast, I'm already planning next year. :)

        Yours in service,

        Lord (Yoshi)