RE: [E_Rapier] Re: Practice in Guelph

    Message 1 of 6 , May 14 4:48 AM
      Excellent!

      From: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com [mailto:E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Paul Perreault
      Sent: May 14, 2009 2:52 AM
      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: Practice in Guelph

      As it turns out, my night shift should be done by the end of next week, so I
      should be able to come out to a few of those practices starting in June. :)

      Yoshi

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Eve
      Harris & David Stamper" <evedave1@...> wrote:

      > Greetings!
      >
      > It looks like we will be moving outside for rapier practices in the Guelph
      > area. Practices will be held at my place, 444 Victoria Road N (Victoria
      and
      > Woodlawn) starting at 7 pm on Tuesdays weather permitting. My unit # is
      604
      > and my buzzer code is 74. We'll go until we basically run out of light.
      >
      > Last night's practice in Guelph was awesome! Actually, I didn't actually
      > fence. Baron Hoskuld and I did 2 solid hours of drill on the first four
      > German longsword guards (Ochs, Pflug, Alber and vom Tag). I think drill is
      > something we don't do enough of in the SCA and I highly recommend it. I
      know
      > drill isn't as sexy as actual fencing but by repeating the same motions
      over
      > and over it helps build muscle memory allowing things to happen much more
      > naturally and instinctively. Drills will also help with things like point
      > control and calibration. I know there are a number of resources for rapier
      > drill online and I will try to post some in the near future.
      >
      > So, I look forward to seeing people at the practices. If you know anybody
      > who is interested in coming out to the practices and has questions about
      > fencing please have them contact me.
      >
      > Albrecht
      > KRM, Ealdormere

    • Anna B
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14 8:55 AM
        Agreed.  Drills *are* sexy.

        Tuesdays might be good, have to google and find out just how long it'd take to get from here to there, but 7 sounds reasonable enough..

        Thanks for the notice, oh wise and powerful KRM :)

        with tongue firmly in cheek,
        Rusalka

      • thltoymaker@cogeco.ca
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14 12:36 PM

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 27, 2009

            With Pennsic prep I won't have time to run a practice tomorrow so it is
            cancelled until after my return from the Southern lands. I look forward to
            seeing many of you at War and in the meantime, everybody please play safe.