Rapier Practice in Guelph

    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2009

      We have a room booked at the University of Guelph University Centre (Room
      103) for this coming may 12th. Those who play at rapier or are interested in
      learning are more than welcome to come out. As an extra added bonus, Baron
      Hoskuld and I have been studying the German Longsword masters of the 15th
      and 16th centuries and we would be happy to show people what we have
      learned, basically footwork and the first four guards.

      It's a pretty big room so armoured combat could take place as well as long
      as an appropriate Marshal was available. If you know anyone who might be
      interested, please pass this message along to them. I will be on campus
      around 7:30 pm.

      Yours in Service

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18 10:34 AM

        It looks like the weather this evening in Guelph will either be humid and
        hot or rainy, neither of which is conducive to rapier activities so I won't
        be holding a practice this evening. Stay tuned to this channel for updates.
        If things are better next week, and it sounds like they will, I'll hold a
        practice.