Linen fencing armour

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
      I haven't ordered from these guys, but they look amazing:  http://www.linenarmor.com/Linen_Armor.html

      I have used Judy Linen and it works well for armour.  We prefer to use 4 layers of it, to ensure that it still passes the drop test after a couple years of wearing and washing.  The site says to hang dry, but it also says they pre-wash and dry the fabric, I've had no problems washing and drying this fabric in the dryer after washing and drying on hot before sewing it.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
        WOW...Way pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

        Cainder

        @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

        MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...

        Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere

        @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

        Justus, Fortis, Patiens - Per chevron argent and sable, two sprigs of witch hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

        To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
        From: kgormanshaw@...
        Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:50:05 -0700
        Subject: [E_Rapier] Linen fencing armour

        I haven't ordered from these guys, but they look amazing: http://www.linenarmor.com/Linen_Armor.html

        I have used Judy Linen and it works well for armour. We prefer to use 4 layers of it, to ensure that it still passes the drop test after a couple years of wearing and washing. The site says to hang dry, but it also says they pre-wash and dry the fabric, I've had no problems washing and drying this fabric in the dryer after washing and drying on hot before sewing it.

      • Wendy Colbert
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
          I know her because she is in Meridies, She does very good work.
          Irene
          From South of the Border