Forward Into the Past

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2009

      For those of you who don't know, this coming weekend in Forward into the
      Past, a day of classes given by various recreationist groups, including the
      SCA. The web site for the event for the event can be found here:

      http://www.treheima.ca/fitp/

      There are a wide range of classes on a number of topics. I'll be teaching
      two connected classes on Renaissance Warfare, one at 2 pm and one at 4:10
      pm. You also don't have to wear garb (actually you shoudn't), unless you are
      teaching a class in persona.

      Albrecht
    • EVE HARRIS
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 24, 2012

        On March 31st, Forward into the Past will be held on the University of Laurier campus in Waterloo. This is an academic conference with a series of  classes dealing with a whole range of historical topics. Several classes on Western Martial Arts are being taught by Archibald and I am teaching a couple of classes on Elizabethan naval warfare. There are tonnes of other intersting classes as well. This is not an SCA event and is not in garb, but a bunch of people from the SCA will be teaching classes there. Details and class lists can be found here:

         http://www.fitp.ca/index.php

        Yours in Service

      • EVE HARRIS
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 24, 2012

          I know that this symposium is not happening until April 6th, but I thought I'd put the bug in people's ears now. I'm going to be attending and I'm hoping to run a rapier demo as part of an overall SCA presence at the event. I figured I'd start asking now so people could check their calendars well ahead of time. It currently does not conflict with any SCA events, at least according to the current version of the calendar. I'm looking two to three gentles to help me out, and maybe spend some time sitting at the SCA table. I think this is a really neat event, and a great opportunity to learn some cool stuff. I'm planning on teaching one or two classes, probably doing an upated version of my class on sword hilts from the late 15th c. to the late 16th c.

          Please let me know if you can help out.

          FITP website:

           http://www.treheima.ca/fitp/

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 24, 2012
            I'm interested..but will have to get back to you closer to the event

            Jocelyn

            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, EVE HARRIS <evedave1@...> wrote:

            > Greetings!
            >
            > I know that this symposium is not happening until April 6th, but I thought I'd put the bug in people's ears now. I'm going to be attending and I'm hoping to run a rapier demo as part of an overall SCA presence at the event. I figured I'd start asking now so people could check their calendars well ahead of time. It currently does not conflict with any SCA events, at least according to the current version of the calendar. I'm looking two to three gentles to help me out, and maybe spend some time sitting at the SCA table. I think this is a really neat event, and a great opportunity to learn some cool stuff. I'm planning on teaching one or two classes, probably doing an upated version of my class on sword hilts from the late 15th c. to the late 16th c.
            >
            > Please let me know if you can help out.
            >
            > FITP website:
            >
            >  http://www.treheima.ca/fitp/

          • Eve and David
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 30, 2014

              Just a reminder, Forward into the Past is coming up soon. The last day for pre-registration at a reduced fee is April 2nd. There is a full day of classes and demonstrations. Some classes are presentations and many are hands on workshops. I will be teaching a class on late 16th c. men’s costume and a class on the development of sword hilts. These are the same classes that were offered at Winter War. Baron Giovanni is also doing a class of the development of sword play (which will also provide an opportunity for you to see me get stabbed in the face a lot).

              Details can be found here:

              http://www.fitp.ca/index.php

              It is not an SCA event, so you don’t have to attend in garb. It is a wonderful opportunity to learn about all kinds of neat things. The SCA will have a table there so you’re welcome to come by and say hi.

              Yours in Service

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 31, 2014
                  Why. ..that alone is worth rhe price of admission!   ;)

                  -Gregorie

                  Sent from Samsung Mobile

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 31, 2014
                    I was lucky enough to draw a winning judges ticket to get a preview of his class...it's awesome!  You wanna be there!

                    Cheers,
                    Cainder

                    Kelly Wyatt/Cainder ingen hui Chatharnaig
                    k.wyatt59@...

                    To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com