RE: [E_Rapier] Appendix 1 Testing Standards For SCA Rapier Combat

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24, 2009
      I think you should include the section on constructing the drop tester. If you go too far outside of the guidelines to create one, you end up with a test not much better than the foil test.

      Cainder

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

      MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...

      Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

      Justus, Fortis, Patiens - Per chevron argent and sable, two sprigs of witch hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      From: evedave1@...
      Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:34:45 -0400
      Subject: RE: [E_Rapier] Appendix 1 Testing Standards For SCA Rapier Combat

      Under the current rules, as far as I can tell, it only states that the
      armour has to be tested, but it does not say how it is supposed to be
      tested. The rules were not changed back, it looks like we haven't included
      any testing methodology. This is something I can fix. I would include
      Appendix A from the Society rules, except for point D where it discusses the
      broken foil, which is not a test we use in Ealdormere and all of our
      paperwork refers specifically to drop testing. I would have to get this
      change approved by Privy Council and the KEM but that shouldn't be an issue
      considering we're just adding in the appendix from the society rules. I
      could also include the section on constructing a drop tester.

      Thoughts?