923Re: Next year's KWAR

    Nov 20, 2008
      I'm afraid that the KWAR 09 problem is not one that Ealdormere is in a
      position to solve. It would be nice to be able to play white knight but it's
      just not logistically possible. Would it be such a bad thing to have it take
      a year off? Perhaps it would make the following year's event that much more
      of interest to participants? And in this time of distressed economies, it
      would give everyone that much more time to prepare.

      Cainder

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
      Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

      >From: argh@...
      >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Fw: [RN] Next year's KWAR
      >Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:46:44 -0500
      >
      >Unfortunately this is not one of those things that we cannot use next year,
      >I'll be defending in June and then moving
      >onto another institution for my doctorate (could be Kingston, Toronto, K-W,
      >Calgary, or even Oxford or Birmingham for
      >that matter), but I can certainly check out those digs for possibilities
      >when I find out where I land.
      >
      >A more localized event could work, but it doesn't solve the KWAR 09
      >problem.
      >
      > > Of course not, testing out the site is a good idea, but I believe that I
      >was referring to the Dec. 15 deadline for
      > > Known World. I am sorry if you saw this as me saying don't run a trial
      >event, that was not intended.
      > >
      > > aibhilin

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic