763RE: [E_Rapier] FOOL - Rapier??

  • Anna B
    Aug 12 10:55 AM
      As it stands, I am currently planning on attending both days, but am planning to do so with attending classes in mind, both on Saturday and Sunday. The Sunday class especially will be rather lengthy - 3 hours estimated.

      When not in class I would be happy to help out with authorizations/marshalling as required, but regertfully cannot commit to MiCing the day..

      In service,
      Rusalka

      PS Has anyone poked Archibald - if he's still living - to find out if he'd be willing to teach his faaaaabulous 'lunging' class? I can't recall which Master it was, but it focused primarilly on proper lunges. Also there was the class that Giovanni had taught, which was also rather spectacular and I for one would really love to re-attend, now that I understand more than just a few of the basics.. just a thought

      John Wyatt <jwyatt2@...> wrote:
      Hello and yes there is Rapier at FOOL II,

      As for the MiC, one is needed! Life as it stands for me has made it difficult for me to commit to more than just teaching the two classes that are posted. If you are interested in being MiC for the day, please contact the Autocrat or myself.

      The plan for the event is simple:

      Saturday: Rapier Classes & Authorizations.
      A day to allow people to teach a class on a particular Master's work, or a class on a specific topic related to SCA Rapier. My class about Ettiquette vs the Rules is one such example, but other classes such as: introduction to daggers, in-fighting 101, etc. are welcome. Anyone can teach, but the guidelines for the day will be as per the rules of an SCA Rapier Practice. (remember we can authorize at practices...). There will be no offical tournament or wars.

      Sunday: "Event" Day with Tournament and/or Melee.
      Classes can still be held, but this day is intended to have a Tournament and/or a Melee. For this day, you will have to be authorized in a particular form before you use it on the field while the official activities are going on, unless Authorizing in that form.

      If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me or the autocrat,

      Mateo de Merida

      KRM Ealdormere