551Re: [E_Rapier] Rapier Practice

  • Anna B
    Jan 31, 2008
      Dang.. and I'll be at a totally thrilling Board meeting this evening...

      Speaking of *extremely* rusty however, I would really like to start putting on some armour again, and maybe even get back to something resembling fighting shape before all of our lovely outdoor events start up again.

      At the moment there is nothing even remotely resembling a rapier practice taking place in my home canton, so I will need to be travelling far and wide.

      There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean (grin) so I think maybe I'll just wait a bit before showing my face there again...

      still in extremely rusty rapier,

      Eve Harris & David Stamper <evedave1@...> wrote:

      If everything goes well I will be a rapier practice in Kitchener this
      evening, so if you're looking for an opportunity to beat up on a very rusty
      Albrecht, here's your chance.