2948Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Fwd: SCA Rapier News

    Mar 21 10:13 AM
      I agree with your goals, I think they're better accomplished with a broader understanding of the options, broader discussion, and thus broader agreement on what rapier means in Ealdormere.

      I think you get less buy-in, and more difficult change management, when a bunch of people are told "Here's what the marshal decided we'd do.  Deal with it."  The resistance to the change in how we do secondary authorization forms is evidence of this.

      Eyrny

      On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM, <tamlin_01@...> wrote:

      So how would you have marshall's commit an authorization or know what acceptable calibration is on a weapon they have no knowledge of?

      With out that knowledge there will be a regional development of what is acceptable and what is not across the Knigdom..What' done London may not be acceptable on Ottawa.

      This issue is already a problem as the acceptable level of calibration changes at Trenton, the west in our Kingdom hits harder then the east.  Shouldn't the level of required safety be equallized across the Kingdom prior to the introduction of a new weapon's form?

      Jocleyn

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic