      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      From: govianus@...
      Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:26:58 -0400
      Subject: Re: RE: [E_Rapier] name change

      OK...   a couple of questions to address...

      First gender of the de and di.  These terms are ungendered, although gender is a significant factor in Italian, but, perhaps not as much as French.

      Fiorentini, yes it is close, but, it is an actual surname and would not require the di of da.  Curiously surnames are late to the game.  The Catasto of 1427 to which they refer only lists surnames for 45% of the population.

      OK Maria, so you have a map.  Where does this map come from?  Who made it and when?

      I know I am a pain, but, this is kind of what I do professionally.  =)

      On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Maria Meerson <seishun.academy@...> wrote:

      Aaron,
      Will this do? It's an image from a piece in the Museo Delgi Argenti in Florence.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/103307467@N08/9959670213/#comments

      Thanks for making me do my homework properly...

      Alesssandro

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      From: seishun.academy@...
      Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:19:01 -0700