2629Sunday Fencing Practice

    Oct 15, 2012
      Firstly, my apologies for the short notice. I hinted that we may be having a practice in an earlier message but I couldn't say anything defintively until we got things sorted out with the University. Their Risk Management people seem to have gotten a bit more fussy as of late. That being said, we are planning on having a fencing and fighting practice on Sunday, October 22, the day after Scotchtoberfest. The practice will be held in Peter Clark Hall (PCH) which is located in the University Centre on the University of Guelph Campus. The practice will go from 10 am until 4 pm. Both fighters and fencers are welcome as well as anybody who wants to hang out. The only restriction we have to impose is no melee combat at the request of the Student Risk Management people. Water and some light refresments will be available in the hall.
      Parking is free and there are several lots (P31, P42) close to the site, but due to the bus loop, we cannot drop gear off directly at the door. PCH is a pretty big hall and has two side rooms, so there should be lots of space to play in. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.