2536Re: Many new interested fencers in brantford.

    Jul 3, 2012
      Greetings,

      It is unfortunate that the date and time you set for this introduction was against a Kingdom Event.

      However, that's not to say that another date can be set, which I will leave you to do.

      An alternative is to attend an existing Practice with in the GTA, several exist including:

      Monday evenings: During the Summer Months June-August at Southwood Public School(MAP) Meet at the house at 37 Burrells Road, Ajax, 7pm to dark.

      Wednesday evenings: 7pm at Stephenson Park near Main and Danforth, Toronto.

      Thursday evenings: Thursdays, 6:30pm to 10:30pm, The Warehouse, 28 Esna Park Drive, Unionville, ON

      No half measures
      Jocelyn Cranewall

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "axelofealdormere" <crossmanbrad.axel@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I've grown more interested in fencing and have shown some videos to freinds in brantford who would also like to try SCA rapier. We are from Bendunfirth but in the brantford area which currently has no meetings/practices. I'd like to humbly ask if some sunday coming up there could be a practice in brantford from 11am-2pm at Mohawk Park. This is to get people like me who are interested to see what they';re getting into and to encourage my freinds from a LARP I do to expand their interests from fantasy to the historical.
      >
      > I'm requesting several experienced fencers and marshals who would not mind teaching a bunch of us newbies the ropes (safety, basic technique, etc) and to frankly come out and have a good time. Extra gear would also be appreciated at this time.
      >
      > Thoughts?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic