      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      From: jwyatt2@...
      Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:05:36 -0700
      Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Flexi-Daggers

      Greetings Lars,

      1) I have one flexi dagger that I pull out for double dagger, the Shire of Trinovantia Nova has 1 or 2 loaner flexi-daggers, and Lord Donald Jacob Maurie has one. I think Lady Lusia from Trinovantia Nova has one as well.

      2) I use mine any time I'm fighting double dagger. Lord DJ will use his when not fighting Case. Trino will use them at practice when someone is learning dagger, and I have seen them lent out in the past for use at Events. If I am correct about Lady Lousia, she and her daughter uses one regularly.

      3) I recommend that we don't phase out the flexi-dagger while Light Armour is an experiment. Experiements that lighten armour requirements don't seem to translate into rule all that often. If we do participate in the light armour experiment, then I suggest we treat the flexi-dagger similar to what we do with Cut & Thrust only blades: If you both are wearing puncture resistant armour, then you can use flexi-daggers in the bout. If you both are participating in the light armour experiment, then the flexi-dagger stays off the list.

      Just my opinion as requested,

      Mateo de Merida