      From: L. Tremblay <lrt512@...>
      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:27 PM
      Subject: [E_Rapier] Flexi-Daggers

      Some discussion around the venerable flexidagger came up at the Border
      Spat this past weekend. With the light armour experiment progressing,
      we are looking ahead to when that expands or concludes. Because a
      flexidagger is basically just a really short foil, their legality in
      Ealdormere will preclude our participation in the experiment if/when it
      expands to other kingdoms, or, at the very least quite possibly preclude
      Ealdormere from permitting light armour should it become permitted by
      society at the end of the experiment. Of course, if we remove
      flexidaggers as a legal blade type, this problem goes away...

      With that said, there are no guarantees on the light armour experiment
      going anywhere past the experimental stage.

      I honestly can't remember the last time I saw anyone using a flexi on
      the list, but I am not omniscient (I know, I know, shattering your
      illusions.) The questions then become:

      - Do you (or do people in your group) use flexidaggers still?
      - From that, how many are in regular use across Ealdormere?
      - Do you have any comments (either way) regarding phasing out flexidaggers?

      We also must be aware that most people can't just up and get a new piece
      of gear at a moment's notice. That goes to a phase-out period that
      doesn't leave people mad.

      Discuss.

      Lars