2458RE: [E_Rapier] Flexi-Daggers
- May 16, 2012I can advise Mateo has one and occasionally uses it. I can't advise his feelings regarding his loss of being able to use it though.
So the light armor experiment is only for non foil use?
SCA: Cainder inghen Hui Chatharnaig
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:27:20 -0400
Subject: [E_Rapier] Flexi-Daggers
Some discussion around the venerable flexidagger came up at the Border
Spat this past weekend. With the light armour experiment progressing,
we are looking ahead to when that expands or concludes. Because a
flexidagger is basically just a really short foil, their legality in
Ealdormere will preclude our participation in the experiment if/when it
expands to other kingdoms, or, at the very least quite possibly preclude
Ealdormere from permitting light armour should it become permitted by
society at the end of the experiment. Of course, if we remove
flexidaggers as a legal blade type, this problem goes away...
With that said, there are no guarantees on the light armour experiment
going anywhere past the experimental stage.
I honestly can't remember the last time I saw anyone using a flexi on
the list, but I am not omniscient (I know, I know, shattering your
illusions.) The questions then become:
- Do you (or do people in your group) use flexidaggers still?
- From that, how many are in regular use across Ealdormere?
- Do you have any comments (either way) regarding phasing out flexidaggers?
We also must be aware that most people can't just up and get a new piece
of gear at a moment's notice. That goes to a phase-out period that
doesn't leave people mad.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>