2444Re: [E_Rapier] EAOD Dean Prize results and thanks

  • L. Tremblay
    May 14, 2012
      And lo, my email server decided to permit me to send messages from this
      account again, and it was good.

      I just wanted to say that I have not seen such a fantastic day of
      fencing in a very long time.

      The Border Spat tourneys looked like a lot of fun, and most importantly,
      people looked like they were having a lot of fun. Wassail to Dafydd and
      Harrowgate Heath for arranging a superb day!

      Wassail to Baron Giovanni, THL Gareth, and all those who came from near
      and far to put them to the test. It was a real pleasure to watch the
      bouts in progress (and a relief to see that 50 bouts for Dean wasn't
      *too* crazy after all.) Getting the chance to fence against several of
      the challengers was a real treat, and I hope I can get many of the ones
      I missed at Pennsic!

      And, of course, thanks to Their Majesties for starting this whole thing
      in motion so many years ago. It was an unbelievable feeling to see our
      first Deans get their scarves.

      Lars
      Who really should start thinking about a Provost prize one of these days.