2163Re: [E_Rapier] Journal

  • Aaron Miedema
    Dec 13, 2011
      Yes I have seen your paper, in fact I help Yvonne mark it. Indeed
      something less SCA would be required, for many WMA types SCA is a dirty
      acronym.

      You can find the submission guidelines for the journal at
      http://jwma.ejmas.com/php-bin/jwma_content.php?Tab=guide

      Look there, and look at the some of the articles to get a sence of a
      broader refashioning of the article.

      Above all you need to find a single over arching question to
      answer/examine, it seemed from the paper that you decided to do an
      investigation of cloak and then tried to find a thesis which bound all of
      it together. It seemed a touch jury rigged, and thus the flow of the paper
      was interupted by--albeit interesting--off topic tangents. I understand
      how hard it can be to let go of neat factoids, trust me, I've got a mitful
      from the thesis.

      To do this, I'd focus on the modern practice versus historical reality of
      either the sidesword (pre c1585) or Rapier (post c1585). OR examine to see
      if there is a change between the techniques of cloak with the sidesword and
      cloak with the Rapier. Needless to say, expanding the sources you are
      using is key. Marozzo was an obvious omission, and there is a translation
      of some of it by Wilson and Rispardi. I can also furnish you with a
      translated copy of Fabris if you want.... I'll try and start getting a
      links section posted on the Journal site.

      Does any of this help?

      And do ask questions, it how I can help you more.

      And what is the status of that hilt project of yours?

      Aaron