1973Canton of Der Welfengau and College Royal

    Jan 26, 2011

      This year the Canton of Derwelfengau and the University of Guelph Medieval
      and Renaissance Society (UGMRS) will be participating in College Royal
      (http://www.collegeroyal.uoguelph.ca/) at the U of G. College Royal will
      take place Saturday, March 19th from 9am until 5pm and Sunday, March 20th
      from 10 am until 4 pm. We will be setting up a couple of tables to display
      books and stuff and we should also have a big space for demoing armoured
      combat, rapier and dancing. We did this last year and it was a lot of fun
      wit the armoured fighters and fencers switching off and we got a fair amount
      of attention from the crowd. This year were hoping to ad dancing to the
      bill.

      So, we are hoping to get a number of fencers out for both days as part of
      our demo. Also, if there are any armoured combatants who would like to help,
      they would be most welcome. If people just want to hang out in garb or work
      on A&S projects that would be cool too. If you can help out, please contact
      me off list with the days and times you can help out.

      Yours in Service