1885Reminder

  • wesleycorder
    Sep 22, 2010
      From: Leslie Luther-Fulton
      Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:06 AM
      To: sca Announcements
      Subject: [Announcements] SCA Census 2010

      There is a project that impacts future of the SCA in a very real way. It is the SCA Census 2010 project.

      The SCA Census 2010 Committee was asked by the Board of Directors to develop a census-level survey to help the SCA to move forward into the next decade; to identify, address and work on current issues; to gain a deeper understanding into what makes the SCA what it is today; and to delve into the reasons for joining, remaining in, and leaving the SCA.

      So far we have heard from over 10,000 past and present participants, a good first step. Of these 10,000, only 1000 are folks who no longer participate in the SCA. We need to hear from you all, especially the folks that no longer actively participate. We would ask each of you, if able, reach out to those past participants who left the SCA and ask their assistance by taking this survey.

      The only way we can understand what is important is by hearing from you, so please take the time to complete the survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCA2010Census or visit www.sca.org.

      The Survey will remain open until December 1st. Once the data collection is completed, the results of this survey will be made available on the SCA 2010 Census website. Be assured that the survey data collected or published will remain completely anonymous and will not be sold or shared beyond this survey's purpose. You will never be asked for information that will identify you.

      If you would like to learn more about the SCA 2010 Census, if you have questions or ideas about the project, please contact the committee at scacensus2010@....

      With your help we can create an SCA which will last another 4 decades.

      Sincerely,

      Erik Langhans, Director, SCA Inc.

      (Sir Modius von Mergentheim, KSCA, OL, OP)

      On Behalf of the SCA 2010 Census Committee

      www.sca.org/scacensus2010

      Breakdown by Kingdom

      Approx. 10,000 completed surveys

      363 Æthelmearc

      Member Participants 269

      Non Member Participants 40

      Not Current Participants 54

      823 Ansteorra

      Member Participants 541

      Non Member Participants 119

      Not Current Participants 163

      1079 An Tir

      Member Participants 767

      Non Member Participants 155

      Not Current Participants 157

      170 Artemisia

      Member Participants 124

      Non Member Participants 27

      Not Current Participants 19

      424 Atenveldt

      Member Participants 304

      Non Member Participants 46

      Not Current Participants 74

      824 Atlantia

      Member Participants 581

      Non Member Participants 99

      Not Current Participants 144

      597 Caid

      Member Participants 432

      Non Member Participants 76

      Not Current Participants 89

      444 Calontir

      Member Participants 326

      Non Member Participants 59

      Not Current Participants 59

      336 Drachenwald

      Member Participants 241

      Non Member Participants 57

      Not Current Participants 38

      284 Ealdormere

      Member Participants 174

      Non Member Participants 37

      Not Current Participants 73

      847 East

      Member Participants 555

      Non Member Participants 135

      Not Current Participants 157

      220 Gleann Abhann

      Member Participants 171

      Non Member Participants 25

      Not Current Participants 24

      555 Lochac

      Member Participants 388

      Non Member Participants 87

      Not Current Participants 80

      498 Meridies

      Member Participants 345

      Non Member Participants 80

      Not Current Participants 73

      839 Middle

      Member Participants 589

      Non Member Participants 101

      Not Current Participants 149

      493 Northshield

      Member Participants 297

      Non Member Participants 44

      Not Current Participants 152

      343 Outlands

      Member Participants 244

      Non Member Participants 54

      Not Current Participants 45

      344 Trimaris

      Member Participants 251

      Non Member Participants 43

      Not Current Participants 50

      496 West

      Member Participants 343

      Non Member Participants 85

      Not Current Participants 68

      Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
      SCA Inc.
      Box 360789
      Milpitas, CA 95036

      You may also email comments@....

      This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.

      address.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic