      From: L. Tremblay
      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com ; Rapier Marshals
      Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:35 PM
      Subject: [E_Rapier] Fencing at Coronation: Details

      Greetings, all.

      The schedule seems fairly set now, so here is our plan for fencing on
      Saturday:

      The weather forecast is now showing sunny with a high of around 14C.
      Hopefully we don't get rain, as that will make life a little less fun
      for combatant types.

      The site opens at 9:30AM, and morning court will be at 11:00AM, so there
      will be time for authorisations between site opening and morning court,
      if any are so inclined. I myself am planning to arrive at or shortly
      after 9:30. The stricture on it is that we must do them outside in any
      case so as to not get in the way of people setting up. Happily, there is
      a fairly large covered area outside, so there should be no problem even
      if it is raining. I don't know what other rapier marshals might be
      around when the site opens, so it would be a good idea to make sure that
      someone besides me will be around if you want to do an authorisation.

      Morning court will (theoretically) end by 1:00PM. This is when amour
      inspections for all combatants are scheduled to start, with tournaments
      beginning at 1:30PM

      - If it is nice out like the forecast claims it will, then there is no
      issue and our tournament will be set up outside. Once the tournament is
      done, we will then have lots of space for people to just play, run a
      bear pit, or whatever seems like a good idea at the time. Playtime ends
      aroud 4:30PM, to allow people time to prepare for evening court at 5:00PM

      - If it is raining out, then the armoured folks are still going to be
      outside. The main hall will be made available to the rapier and youth
      combatants. In this case, our allotted time will be halved as each group
      shares the space. The rapier tournament will begin at 1:30PM and our
      lease on the space will end at 3:00PM, after which the youth combatants
      will take over the space for their tournament. If the weather has
      cleared we can look at moving outside for more play time, though the wet
      grass probably would suck. If the armoured folks aren't using the large
      covered area outside, that may be an option for us. There is also a
      mezzanine area that is relatively small which may be available for us to
      use afterwards, but we won't know until the time arrives.

      The tournament format will be a variation on a round-robin that I am
      going to play out a bit tonight at practice to make sure it works as
      well in reality as it plays in my head :)

      Come on out and fence!
      Lars

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5051 (20100422) __________

      http://www.eset.com