1376Practices in Der Welfengau

    Oct 19, 2009
      Greetings!

      I just wanted to let people know that practices are running again in the
      Canton of Der Welfengau (Guelph). They've actually been going for the last
      few weeks but I wanted to make sure we had a consistent space before
      inviting people from other areas. The practices start at 7:30 in the
      University Centre on the University of Guelph campus. This Tuesday we are in
      UC 004, which is downstairs, but normally we are in UC 103 on the main
      floor.

      Currently I have 6-7 students coming out to practice. Hoskuld and I are
      starting with German longsword practice and then we are working with the new
      students. We have plenty of space to play in. There are also people coming
      out for the meetings that are held at the same time as practices. This week
      there is a class on different types of period garb, the materials they are
      made from and where to buy those materials. The class will be taught by THL
      Asa Gormsdottir. In the coming weeks there will also be a class on designing
      your own heraldic device and a movie night.

      Yours in Service