      From: Eve Harris & David Stamper <evedave1@...>
      Subject: [E_Rapier] Death From Behind
      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 8:47 AM

      Interestingly enough, at Pennsic this year they have chosen the same
      convention for DFB as we use in Ealdormere:

      Fighters may strike any opponent with any legal blow if they are within the
      180-degree arc of the opponent's front, as measured from the plane of the
      opponent's shoulders. A fighter who approaches an opponent from behind shall
      not deliver a blow until he is within that frontal arc. A fighter may never
      strike an opponent from behind. In addition, fencers should make a
      reasonable attempt to get an opponent's attention before throwing a blow.