1107Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Spam from E Rapier

  • Ross Weaver
    Apr 21 1:58 PM
      Geek hat on... Why Albrecht is getting e-mail that says it is from
      the group but isn't:

      The trick the spammers are using is that the spam does not actually
      come from the group, but they use a trusted e-mail address,
      e_rapier@yahoogroups.com as the from and reply-to when they send it
      out. So it never actually goes through or comes from the yahoo
      servers before it comes into your mail, but it looks like it does.
      And often people modify their spam filters to allow all e-mail from
      "safe" groups like e_rapier@yahoogroups.com, where only approved
      members can post which lets annoying spam to run right through the
      filter...

      ~Wilhelm