      From: leslie falzone <leslie.falzone@...>
      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 7:04:15 PM
      Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Awards !!

      Hi, I am going to give you another suggestion, Pass on the recommendation to others who might be able to assist you in helping to recognize deserving people. There is nothing that says that you can't send a recommendation to other people who are in the SCA or to peers to have them add your voice to theirs. Dont' send letters that says me to or one letter with a bunch of people signing it. The crown likes to see seperate letters of recommendation from each person sending them. My husband and I often send seperate letters for the same person, because we truely beleive that they deserve what it is we are recommending them for.

      I agree landed baron and baroness can also be helpful. I would love to have someone cc me on a recommendation for a fencer, I would most likely agree and send in one of my own.

      Aibhilin

      From: thltoymaker@ cogeco.ca
      Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:53:19 -0400

      Hmmm yes mostly the process can be frustrating !!
      Just look at how many times we have made a recommendation for a certain fencer for a Hammer.
      For myself I feel like hmmm how many times do I need to do this?
      I now have a second person in mind for a Hammer. Yet until fencer A gets theirs I cant see that fencer B would even be considered.
      Three of my recommendations have gone through three different Reins without recognition !

      What I guess I'm looking for is a system that allows me to contact a large group so that a large irrefutable recommendation can be given.

      So I propose to create within my own e-mail program a Contact Group of fencers.
      Now unfortunately it can't include anyone we might want to recommend for a Scarlet Banner.
      So since Hammer is the highest level they can easily be included.
      Then add any Scarlet Banners as they already have one !

      So who all has Hammers and who all have Banners ??

      Reply to

      thltoymaker @...

      THANKS !