Tim Bryce - Managing from the Bottom-up - 09/22/2010

  • littleleaguerng
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2010
      My column today is entitled, "MANAGING FROM THE BOTTOM-UP" - A simple technique for creating worker responsibility.

      "Over the years there has been a lot of discussion about Theories X, Y, and Z in management; whereas "X" is autocratic, "Y" is more of a "carrot and stick" mentality and "Z" promotes individual participation. Remarkably, despite the many years of promoting the rights of the worker, today we primarily live in a Theory X world. Employees are told what to do and when to do it, without any interest in their input. Today, this is commonly referred to as "micromanagement." Under this approach, although the work will eventually get done, there is no loyalty to the company by the employee, mistakes are made and quality suffers, and productivity declines since there is no personal sense of urgency by the employee. In other words, the company works, but not like a well-oiled machine."
      Click to read MORE
      http://www.phmainstreet.com/timbryce.htm

      You can either read it on-line or tune into my podcast, "THE BRYCE IS RIGHT!," at 11:30am (Eastern), half hour show.

      Look us up on iTunes and Internet search engines.

      I hope you enjoy it.

      If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

      All the Best,
      Tim Bryce
      timb001@...
      Palm Harbor, FL, USA