Re: [RTSC] Ghost box fame and money

  • Frank Sumption
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
       No one gets it! It's not "the box", it is supplying a raw audio that the entities use to form voices. Raw audio==bits of speech. There are in fact other methods that result in clearer communication. Even white noise, while producing weak voices, it's still clearer voices. Another method, perhaps my favorite is the Foreign language method, tuning in a foreign shortwave broadcast in a language I don't understand, and after announcing I'm doing an EVP recording, record directly for the radio's speaker. There is tuning an AM radio between stations when there are skip conditions, distant stations fading in and out randomly.

       Radio seems to be an important element in these communications, but the fact is, "the box" is not the only way. With using EVPmaker, the radio is eliminated, so the importance of the radio element is debatable. You can do the foreign language method via the Internet, see coffeepotghost.com

       You can use "crowd noise", like recording in a shopping mall, or restaurant, try to say, or at least think " I'm doing an EVP recording", you get meaningful messages made out of the  mix of normal voices.

       I use "the box" simply because is it convinient, not because it is the best method. Sweeping a radio is a quick, and easy way to produce raw audio. Ten years I try to get this across, might as well tell it to my dogs!

      F-S

      On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Richard B Georgina <wd4rbx@...> wrote:

      In my opinion there are a hand full of inventers that have achieved fame in the GB field. As I understand it they all are riding on the coat tales of our very own Frank S. Every GB out there is a spin on a Franks box even the ones that use a speech chip. The bottom line is that all the box's out there rely on snippets of speech that the spirit world can try and use to communicate with us. If you think about it there all spun up Frank's Box's. What I'm getting at is that Frank has the fame market cornered and right fully so. Unless you are some sort of a wiz bang electrical engineer you might as well forget about becoming famous building GB's.

      The whole idea of using kit 23 (function generator) to sweep a radio and make a Frank's box knock off was to bring an inexpensive GB to the group that would work better then a hack and not earn a merit badge in GB building. At the time it was a good idea because this group was all about the communication . It was extremely interesting and it looked like this group just might take GBC to some level of understanding and even consistency in the communication. If someone wants to achieve fame through the GB community I believe that's the direction to go in. I doubt that you will have any compition and get lots of help from this group.

      Rich

      >>Money and fame are the two evils that plague the field.<<

    • cbreck elknet.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
        I get it...I think it's the intent of the user to communicate.  I get voices no matter what I use.  No matter where I"m at.  It has gotta be the intent of the user.  I'm just saying,
        Carol B.

        On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Frank Sumption <purplealiengirl@...> wrote:

         No one gets it! It's not "the box", it is supplying a raw audio that the entities use to form voices. Raw audio==bits of speech. There are in fact other methods that result in clearer communication. Even white noise, while producing weak voices, it's still clearer voices. Another method, perhaps my favorite is the Foreign language method, tuning in a foreign shortwave broadcast in a language I don't understand, and after announcing I'm doing an EVP recording, record directly for the radio's speaker. There is tuning an AM radio between stations when there are skip conditions, distant stations fading in and out randomly.

         Radio seems to be an important element in these communications, but the fact is, "the box" is not the only way. With using EVPmaker, the radio is eliminated, so the importance of the radio element is debatable. You can do the foreign language method via the Internet, see coffeepotghost.com

         You can use "crowd noise", like recording in a shopping mall, or restaurant, try to say, or at least think " I'm doing an EVP recording", you get meaningful messages made out of the  mix of normal voices.

         I use "the box" simply because is it convinient, not because it is the best method. Sweeping a radio is a quick, and easy way to produce raw audio. Ten years I try to get this across, might as well tell it to my dogs!

        F-S

        On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Richard B Georgina <wd4rbx@...> wrote:

        In my opinion there are a hand full of inventers that have achieved fame in the GB field. As I understand it they all are riding on the coat tales of our very own Frank S. Every GB out there is a spin on a Franks box even the ones that use a speech chip. The bottom line is that all the box's out there rely on snippets of speech that the spirit world can try and use to communicate with us. If you think about it there all spun up Frank's Box's. What I'm getting at is that Frank has the fame market cornered and right fully so. Unless you are some sort of a wiz bang electrical engineer you might as well forget about becoming famous building GB's.

        The whole idea of using kit 23 (function generator) to sweep a radio and make a Frank's box knock off was to bring an inexpensive GB to the group that would work better then a hack and not earn a merit badge in GB building. At the time it was a good idea because this group was all about the communication . It was extremely interesting and it looked like this group just might take GBC to some level of understanding and even consistency in the communication. If someone wants to achieve fame through the GB community I believe that's the direction to go in. I doubt that you will have any compition and get lots of help from this group.

        Rich

        >>Money and fame are the two evils that plague the field.<<

      • jamietreetalker
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
          I think you're right, Frank. There are several ways for "them" to communicate and it seems like sound is the easiest for them to manipulate. I don't claim to know for certain, but it seems that if you give them any kind of audio platform, they can manipulate the sound waves as they like. I was playing with EVP Maker last weekend, and I had created a file from a foreign language learning file I found online. I loaded it into EVP Maker and was playing with it, and I decided to record for a minute. After a few seconds, I heard --out loud!--a man say "I'm here!" as if he was standing right next to me. However, it did not appear on the recording, which is very frustrating.

          I do sometimes get communication through what I call the "inner-ear" method, where they put words in my ear (usually the left one), just like putting a letter into an envelope. That could have been what it was. I've been hearing more of that since I started paying more attention to them, but I often get them when there is no sound at all. It's like they're using the eardrum or something, or putting it in as a thought.

          Anywho, I still have to read the EVP Maker manual a little more, because I couldn't get it to work like I wanted. Do you use the manual sweep option?

          Jamie