local watch store

  • Xiaojun Jessica Chen
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
      Hi friends,

      I am looking for a good trust-worthy watch repair store to do some simple battery change, band adjustment work.  The one at Eastridge mall and the one at corner of White and Aborn both gave me some bad experience.

      Do any of you have any good one to recommend?

      Thanks,
      Jessica

    • Shanshan Wu
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
        Hi, Jessica,

        I went to valley fair changxin jewelry store b4,
        It was good but expensive. I replaced battery of my mom's watch.

        Good luck.

        Shanshan

        Sent from my iPhone.

        On Dec 2, 2011, at 8:39 PM, "Xiaojun Jessica Chen" <xiaojun.jc@...> wrote:

        Hi friends,

        I am looking for a good trust-worthy watch repair store to do some simple battery change, band adjustment work.  The one at Eastridge mall and the one at corner of White and Aborn both gave me some bad experience.

        Do any of you have any good one to recommend?

        Thanks,
        Jessica

      • zongchang yu

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
            Thanks for all the replies!

            M&L Jewelers at the corner of White & Aborn used to be good. When I first went there many years ago, the owner was nice. He gave me good service with reasonable price. But, somehow they changed owner in recently years, because I no longer saw the familiar face there.

            Today I went to adjust the band for my new watch. First, the store lady did not really seem to know how to figure out what size to make it comfortable.  The first attempt was way too tight; after adding one of the links back, I think it's ok, if I can get used to it.  The more irritating part is that they didn't return all the extra links back to me -- they gave me 3, when I know it should have been 5.  I said there should be 5, and she went and searched around and found one link, and seemed to think that was it.  At that point I didn't want to bother fighting about it, so I left it at that.  This whole experience just made me think that they are not quite professional and ethical.  By the way, they charged $10 for adjusting band.

            I guess I will try ChangXin at Valley Fair next time. Shanshan, do you remember how much they charge for battery exchange?

            Thanks,
            Jessica

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
              Hi, Jessica,

              If I don't remember wrong, it should be $50-75. It includes the battery and labor. It was a brand watch.
              I know there are other jewelry stores in valley fair. They should be able to do it too. Hope it helps...

              Shanshan

              Sent from my iPhone.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011

                Several years ago if you go to Macy's, JC Penney or even Target, they will only charge for battery and help to replace it for free. Typically for battery change, you don't need to go to specilty/repair store. I don't know if they still offer free replacement though. If you buy brand watch at GuoChang in Cupertino Square, and they offer regular washing/polishing and battery changes for free lifetime.

                To: EVERGREENJECTS@yahoogroups.com