RE: [EVERGREENJECTS] Sunday 04/31 Basketball and Soccer Practices are ON

  • Rong Liu
    Message 1 of 16 , May 1, 2011
      Hi Quan,

      Thanks and hope you enjoy a wonderful rest. I will try to come in few weeks.

      God bless your family,

      Rong Ming

      To: EVERGREENJECTS@yahoogroups.com
      CC: hzhang@...; huiwenl2000@...; thuang408@...; normanlin@...; huang.jihongwh@...; tony_qin@...
      From: quan_he@...
      Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:59:27 -0700
      Subject: [EVERGREENJECTS] Sunday 04/31 Basketball and Soccer Practices are ON

      Hi all,

      The basketball and soccer practice will be ON this Sunday.

      I will start my sabatical next week. I'll be out for at least 2 weeks. During this time period, the practices will go on as usual.

      Coach Don Bittel and Tony Qin will take care of the basketball practice; coach Jian He and Chao Sun will take care of the soccer practice as usual, Eric Yuan will help coaching the kids as well. Tony Qin will coordinate and send out the notifications.

      Practice/GameTimeLocationWeather
      Basketball9:30-11:00AMEVHS
      Soccer4:30-6:30PMChaboya
      Volleyball4:00-6:00PMChaboya

      Regards,
      --Quan
      Quan He (Timothy) | 408-832-3992

    • Huiwen Li
      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2011
        Hi, parents,

        We have recently received from school the registration form for fall 2011 Evergreen United Youth Soccer League. Have your kids participated before? Is it too much in addition to the Sunday soccer play? when is usually the weekly practice for U8 group? around evening time or right after school?

        Thanks in advance for any feedback!

        Huiwen

      • Tony Qin
        Message 3 of 16 , May 7, 2011
          Hi All,

          The basketball and soccer practices will be ON this Sunday, May 8th, 2011.

          Coach Don Bittel and Tony Qin will take care of the basketball practice. Coach Jian He and Chao Sun will take care of the soccer practice as usual. Eric Yuan will help coach the kids as well.

          Practice/GameTimeLocationWeather
          Basketball9:30-11:00AMEVHSPartly Cloudy:
          55 F ~ 62 F
          Soccer4:30-6:30PMChaboyaMostly Sunny:
            60 F ~ 62 F
          Volleyball4:00-6:00PMChaboyaMostly Sunny:
            60 F ~ 62 F

          Regards,

          Tony Qin | 408-221-8567
        • Tony Qin
          Message 4 of 16 , May 8, 2011
            [Note: Please feel free to pass the email message below to any other San Jose residents]

            Dear Fellow Residents of San Jose,

            Presumably, you have recently received two letters regarding the proposed rate increases for:
            (a) Recycle Plus garbage and recycling services
                Increase by up to 9% for 2011~2012, additional up to 9% for 2012~2013, AND further additional up to 9% for 2013~2014
            (b) Storm Sewer Service
                Increase by up to 5% for 2011~2012, AND additional up to 5% for 2012~2013.
            (c) San Jose Municipal Water System
                Increase by up to 5% for 2011~2012.

            As a loan-supported property owner, you have been paying numerous taxes, esp. the high property taxes, which are supposed to well cover the existing public services. However, instead of getting better services, we are constantly prompted for rate increases, no matter how unemployment rate is, no matter whether the economy is inflationary or deflationary. It's enough, isn't it!

            Please speak up your voice by submitting THREE separate email messages to the Office of the City Clerk.  The deadline to submit written protests: June 14, 2011, Tuesday.

            For your reference, please see the following sample email messages. Make sure to indicate the Assessor's Parcel Number of the property you own.

            Message 1: Protest on PROPOSED RECYCLE PLUS SERVICE RATE INCREASES

            To: RPRateProtest@...
            Subject: Protest on PROPOSED RECYCLE PLUS SERVICE RATE INCREASES

            Dear the City Clerk,

            The Assessor's Parcel Number of the property I own is: <123-45-678>.

            I write to express my disappointment and protest on the proposed rate increase. As a loan-supported property owner, I have been paying numerous taxes, esp. the high property taxes, which are supposed to well cover the existing public services. In fact, the average property tax in San Jose is $5,844 -- five times more than the $1,180 national average!

            However, instead of getting better services, we are constantly prompted for rate increases, no matter how unemployment rate is, no matter whether the economy is inflationary or deflationary.

            Because of the current economic situation and high unemployment rate, we don't think the proposed rate increase is reasonable or justified.

            Yours sincerely,

            <Mr. & Mrs. Smith>

            Message 2: Protest on PROPOSED STORM SEWER SERVICE CHARGE RATE INCREASES

            To: SewerRateProtest@...
            Subject: Protest on PROPOSED STORM SEWER SERVICE CHARGE RATE INCREASES

            Dear the City Clerk,

            The Assessor's Parcel Number of the property I own is: <123-45-678>.

            I write to express my disappointment and protest on the proposed rate increase. As a loan-supported property owner, I have been paying numerous taxes, esp. the high property taxes, which are supposed to well cover the existing public services. In fact, the average property tax in San Jose is $5,844 -- five times more than the $1,180 national average!

            However, instead of getting better services, we are constantly prompted for rate increases, no matter how unemployment rate is, no matter whether the economy is inflationary or deflationary.

            Because of the current economic situation and high unemployment rate, we don't think the proposed rate increase is reasonable or justified.

            Yours sincerely,

            <Mr. & Mrs. Smith>

            Message 3: Protest on PROPOSED PORTABLE WATER RATE INCREASE

            To: WaterRateProtest@...
            Subject: Protest on PROPOSED PORTABLE WATER RATE INCREASES

            Dear the City Clerk,

            The Assessor's Parcel Number of the property I own is: <8123456789>.

            I write to express my disappointment and protest on the proposed rate increase. As a loan-supported property owner, I have been paying numerous taxes, esp. the high property taxes, which are supposed to well cover the existing public services. In fact, the average property tax in San Jose is $5,844 -- five times more than the $1,180 national average!

            However, instead of getting better services, we are constantly prompted for rate increases, no matter how unemployment rate is, no matter whether the economy is inflationary or deflationary.

            Because of the current economic situation and high unemployment rate, we don't think the proposed rate increase is reasonable or justified.

            Yours sincerely,

            <Mr. & Mrs. Smith>

          • junmin ling
            Message 5 of 16 , May 9, 2011
              Hello,

              I was wondering that if anyone has signed up this summer camp? I heard that if we sign up at a size of more than 10 kids, we could get discount of $70 per week per kid.

              I want to signup my kids in, so please let me know if you are currently creating a group, or, we could start to create a group together now to save some bucks. :-)

              Or, should I send this link to a broad DL?

              thanks,
              Junmin
            • Tony Qin
              Message 6 of 16 , May 14, 2011
                Hi All,

                The basketball and soccer practices may be ON this Sunday, May 15th, 2011, if the weather permits.

                Coach Don Bittel and Tony Qin will take care of the basketball practice. Coach Jian He and Chao Sun will take care of the soccer practice as usual. Eric Yuan will help coach the kids as well.

                Practice/GameTimeLocationWeather
                Basketball9:30-11:00AMEVHSShowers: 54 F ~ 60 F
                Precipitation Chance: ~40%
                Soccer4:30-6:30PMChaboyaPartly Cloudy: 59 F ~ 63 F
                (Maybe Wet Ground)
                Volleyball4:00-6:00PMChaboyaPartly Cloudy: 59 F ~ 63 F
                (Maybe Wet Ground)

                Regards,

                Tony Qin | 408-221-8567
              • Tony Qin
                Message 7 of 16 , May 15, 2011
                  The sun also rises. The basketball and soccer practices also takes place as usual.
                  太阳照常升起, 活动照常进行!

                  Tony

                  To: evergreenjects@yahoogroups.com
                  CC: hzhang@...; huiwenl2000@...; thuang408@...; normanlin@...; huang.jihongwh@...

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 21, 2011

                    Hi All,

                    The basketball and soccer practices may be ON this Sunday, May 22nd, 2011.

                    Coach Don Bittel and Tony Qin will take care of the basketball practice. Coach Jian He and Chao Sun will take care of the soccer practice as usual. Eric Yuan will help coach the kids as well.  Coach Quan He may join us later.

                    Practice/Game

                    Time

                    Location

                    Weather

                    Basketball

                    9:30-11:00AM

                    EVHS

                    Partly Cloudy: 54 F ~ 65 F

                    Soccer

                    4:30-6:30PM

                    Chaboya

                    Partly Cloudy: 66 F ~ 69 F

                    Volleyball

                    4:00-6:00PM

                    Chaboya

                    Partly Cloudy: 56 F ~ 69 F

                    Regards,

                    Tony Qin | 408-221-8567

                  • Tony Qin
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 21, 2011
                      Correction:  alter "may" into "will".  Sorry for my mistake.

                      That is: "The basketball and soccer practices WILL be ON this Sunday, May 22nd, 2011. "

                      -- Tony

                      To: evergreenjects@yahoogroups.com
                      CC: hzhang@...; huiwenl2000@...; thuang408@...; normanlin@...; huang.jihongwh@...

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 27, 2011

                        Dear Students and Parents,

                        Today’s college-bound students face more challenging in getting to a top university.  Many parents as well as students themselves keep asking the question of “How to get into a top university?”  Unfortunately, there is no standard answer to it.  Amy Chua’s Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother doesn’t really offer an answer, but a controversy to stir up our mind.  On the other hand, after getting into a university, students along with their parents may still keep asking “How to best enjoy the college life?”, “How does the college life lead to a good job?”, etc.

                        Keeping these questions in mind, Spring Source Education Institute (SSEI, 才宫学校) has invited some outstanding new college graduates and new high school graduates to share with you their fresh and personal experiences.

                        Besides, if you or your child is a new graduate this year from either a college or a high school and would like to share good experience with others, please contact Tony on 408-221-8567 as soon as possible.

                        Date and Time:  7:30PM - 9:00PM, Tuesday, May 31st , 2011

                        Location:  3520 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135

                                         [On site of Spring Source Education Institute. In the main building of Evergreen Valley United Methodist Church]

                        Admission:   free

                        Sponsor:   Spring Source Education Institute (才宫学校), http://www.SpringSourceEdu.net

                        Guests Bios:

                        Cosmo Jiang, a new college graduate in Applied Mathematics from Harvard University.

                        Cosmo entered Harvard University from Cupertino High School in 2007. After 4-year college life, he lands at a job in the Wall Street, to be started in July 2011.

                        Jenny Qin, a new college graduate in Applied Economics and Management from Cornell University.

                        Jenny entered Cornell University from Cupertino High School in 2007. She graduated from Cornell in December 2010, half a year ahead of the schedule. During her college studies, she spent half a year at Peking University as an international exchange student. After 3-and-a-half-year college life, she gets a job in the Wall Street, to be started in July 2011.

                        Helen Chen, a new high-school graduate from Evergreen Valley High School.

                        Helen is a very excellent student, and is going to study Business at University of Pennsylvania this fall.

                        Rhed Shi, a new high-school graduate from Evergreen Valley High School.

                        Rhed is a very outstanding student, and has been accepted by Harvard University this year.

                      • Quan He
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 27, 2011
                          Hi Tony,

                          I'd like to have my son Eric and my daughtor Claire to attend this event.

                          Thanks,
                          --Quan

                          Message 12 of 16 , May 27, 2011
                            I will be there. Thanks.
                            Binghong

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 27, 2011
                              Hi Quan,

                              Certainly, they are very welcome, so are you and your wife!

                              Tony

                              To: EVERGREENJECTS@yahoogroups.com
                              CC: hzhang@...; huiwenl2000@...; thuang408@...; normanlin@...; huang.jihongwh@...

                              Message 14 of 16 , May 27, 2011

                                Hi All,

                                The basketball and soccer practices may be cancelled this Sunday, May 29, 2011 to observe the "memorial day" long weekend. Happy long weekend.

                                Volleyball playing is also cancelled. However, there's a BBQ party and volleyball play in a park in Sunnyvale. It's organized by our volleyball friends from the church. I'll forward that email to you shortly.

                                Practice/Game

                                Time

                                Location

                                Weather

                                Basketball

                                9:30-11:00AM

                                EVHS

                                Soccer

                                4:30-6:30PM

                                Chaboya

                                Volleyball

                                4:00-6:00PM

                                Chaboya

                                Regards,

                                Quan He (Timothy) | 408-832-3992

                              • Richard Liu
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 3, 2011
                                  Hi, all:

                                  does anyone has good private tutor to recommend for 7th grader reading/writing? thanx.