1512Re: [EVERGREENJECTS] summer camp / afterschool

  • Zhiyang Zhou
    May 21, 2014
      Hi, All,

      Do you know any good art summer camp around the area?

      Btw, anyone signed CMTSJ summer camp session1(June 17 – July 2 9:00am-3:00pm) or have interest to sign it? I am looking for carpool back from the camp.

      On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:13 AM, "Tony Qin tony_qin@... [EVERGREENJECTS]" <EVERGREENJECTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thanks for Jean's informative summary. In addition, please also don't forget that:
      (1) Free Sunday sports activities, coached by us -- volunteers from the community
            Basketball: 9:30am~11:00am @ Evergreen Valley High basketball court
            Soccer: 5:00pm~6:30pm @ Chaboya Middle School field
      (2) Summer reading. Reading is the foremost foundation for children's growth and development. Reading is not only a great form of entertainment, but also exercises children's brains and improves concentration. In addition, Reading teaches children about the world around and far; reading develops children's imagination and empathy. Moreover, children who read often and widely usually do better at school --- not just better at subjects like English and history, but also better at all subjects. This is also my personal experience with my daughter who graduated from Cornell University a few years ago.
      Here's a summer reading list recommended to your child: http://www.SpringSourceEdu.net/uploads/image/20140112/1389487694.pdf
      As the principal of Spring Source Education Institute (SSEI), may I take this opportunity to thank you and the community for your constant trust and support! Spring Source has been providing both After-School Program and Summer-Camp Program with:
      • Professional Teachers & Management
      • Academic Excellence
      • Rich Learning Program (Chinese, Math Enrichment, Math Olympiad, English Reading Comprehension, English Writing, Art, Chess, Kungfu, Dance, etc.)
      • Responsible School Pickup
      For more info: http://www.SpringSourceEdu.net
      Best regards,

      Tony Qin, Ph.D.

      Spring Source Education Institute

      3520 San Felipe Rd., San Jose, CA 95135

      To: EVERGREENJECTS@yahoogroups.com
      From: EVERGREENJECTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 07:10:06 -0700
      Subject: [EVERGREENJECTS] summer camp / afterschool
      Some of you asked me about summer camp, I will reply here so that more people will know, especially for new families here.
      I registered my daughter into Silver Creek Academy (not operated by Chinese) summer camp (6/16-8/1 9am-3pm) this year.  It's a academic-focused program. Since my daughter focused on swimming during school year, I picked this one so that she can catch up on academic.  But I heard it's full. If you are interested call them at (408) 839-5905 to see whether they have space open up.
      FYI.  Here is the list of formal ones I know of in Evergreen area operated by Chinese.
      1. Lighthouse at  the point church. My daughter went to this one last year and really enjoyed it.  It's good balance between learning and play.  The best part is they have a indoor gym where they can play all kinds of sports. No sunburn in the hot summer!  Also, the price is very reasonable (less than $30/day as I remembered.)  Check with them for sure.
      3695 Rose Terrasse Cir
      San Jose, CA
      (408) 396-1654
      2. Aborn Institute at  Aborn and San Felipe.  More academic driven. Well-packed programs.  But limited study/activity space and much more expensive.
      2804 Riedel Road, San Jose, Ca 95135
      408 238 6866, 408 375 7753
      3. Morninglight on Aborn cross Evergreen library in Grace Lutheran Church. Best on learning Chinese.  Big play ground. Same price range as Aborn.
      2650 Aborn Road, San Jose, CA 95121
      4. SpringSource on San Feilipe in Evergreen Valley United Methodist Church.  No comment since my daughter never tried this one before.
      I would suggest you to interview each one before you make your choice.  And all depending on your preference.
      Good luck and enjoy the summer.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic