1283RE: [EVERGREENJECTS] Spring Source Math Club (Math Olympiad E, AMC 8, ...)
- Aug 12, 2013Thanks, Amy, for your interest.
AMC 8 -- $420 for 10 weeks 9/7/13 ~ 11/9/13, on Saturdays 5:00 ~ 7:00 PM (120 minutes).
Pre-AMC (Math Olympiad E): $320 for 10 weeks 9/8/13 ~ 11/10/13, on Sundays, 5:30 ~ 7:00 PM (90 minutes).
(1) 10% off for the younger sibling
(2) $30 off if register before or on Monday, 8/19/2013.
(3) Limited seats with small class teaching, plus weekly homework
Registration: 3520 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135 (inside the building of Evergreen Valley United Methodist Church)
Please see the attachment for more details.
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 09:58:17 -0700
Subject: Re: [EVERGREENJECTS] Spring Source Math Club (Math Olympiad E, AMC 8, ...)
Hi Tony,Thank you so much for these important information! my elder son is 12 years old, 7th grade on the coming fall, younger one is 10 yrs old, 5th grade on the coming fall. I'm interested your class, where the class location and price? thanks!amy408-386-6292
From: Tony Qin <tony_qin@...>
To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:16 PM
Subject: [EVERGREENJECTS] Spring Source Math Club (Math Olympiad E, AMC 8, ...) [1 Attachment]
Spring Source Math Club (SSMC) is founded to help students of elementary, middle, and high schools to increase their interest in mathematics and to develop skills in Logical reasoning, Analytic thinking, and Problem solving (LAP). In detail, SSMC helps students achieve the following goals:a. Intellectual growth
b. Spiritual growth
- Reinforcement of students' understanding of the math concepts learned in their school curriculum. E.g., on dividend, divisor, quotient, and remainder, so that students will have confidence to solve the 2012 AMC 8 problem, "What is the units digit of 132012?"
- Skills development in Logical reasoning, Analytic thinking, and Problem solving (LAP). E.g., to master the inductive method to easily solve the seemingly-difficult problem, "How many different ways to get to the 7th stair if you can just take either one stair or two stairs in each of your step?"
1. Pre-AMC (a.k.a. Math Olympiad E) : G4 ~ G6 or equivalent∞ 90-min math class on Sundays (5:30PM ~ 7:00PM, starting on 9/8/2013)∞ To build up solid foundation for American Mathematics Competitions 8 (AMC 8)2. AMC 8 Preparation: G6 ~ G8∞ 120-min math class on Saturdays (5:00PM ~ 7:00PM, starting on 9/7/2013)∞ To prepare for AMC 8 on Tuesday, 11/19/2013Note: AMC 10/12 will be offered later.Instructor:Tony Qin, Ph.D.& M.S. of Oxford UniversityDr. Qin worked as high school math teacher and lecturer in mathematics at university in China, respectively. He has participated in marking math papers of China's national college entry examination for years. He also has working experiences at universities, subsequently at Oxford University; Karlsruhe University, Germany; and Hong Kong University.Please feel free to contact us for more details ...Best regards,
- Nurture students with a spirit of perseverance and challenge-taking.
- Help students grow with life confidence in problem solving and deep internal gratification with their achievement
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>