ETX 125PE Smart Finder Menu in the Autosatar Suite #497 update CD

  • jbgfrukes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      ETX125PE
      Smart Finder Menu does not appear anymore on the display of the
      telescope status in KEY Mode

      Now I can't align my telescope because I need the red dot of the
      Smart Finder which wasn't flashing when I connected the telescope.
      When that happened before, I could turn on the red dot by going to the
      Finder set display. I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE because the list ends with
      Battery Status instead of ending with Smart Finder Status.

      I have recently updated my Autostar Suite #497 with the CD advertised
      by Meade. Is this relevant? Thanks for your help
      Jeanine
      jbg13@...
    • autostaretx
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "jbgfrukes" <jbg13@...> wrote:

        > ETX125PE
        > Smart Finder Menu does not appear anymore on the display of the
        > telescope status in KEY Mode
        >
        > Now I can't align my telescope because I need the red dot of the
        > Smart Finder which wasn't flashing when I connected the telescope.
        > When that happened before, I could turn on the red dot by going
        > to the Finder set display. I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE because the list
        > ends with
        > Battery Status instead of ending with Smart Finder Status.
        >
        > I have recently updated my Autostar Suite #497 with the CD
        > advertised by Meade. Is this relevant?

        Probably... what version of firmware is -now- in your Autostar?
        ( Setup/Statistics[enter][scroll up] reveals the full number)

        If it is earlier than v41, you should (re)update your scope
        with v42Ed now on Meade's support site.

        good luck
        --dick