Re: Electric Focuser and ETX PE

  • John Z
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      Thanks Dick -

      It was message #8380 here, but as I re-read it, there are no
      specifics. So I just *assumed* it was a firmware problem - my error
      (whew!).

      John Z

      --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@w...> wrote:
      > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Z" <jkzimm@m...> wrote:
      > > I read someplace where Meade's electric focuser does not work with the
      > > PE series. Is this because the LNT module replaces the focuser
      > > options in Autostar? Will it still work if you use the separate
      > > battery powered hand controller?
      >
      > Although there may be bugs in the firmware if a focuser is
      > attached to an LNT/PE scope (and i have no idea if that's
      > true), there's nothing -electrical- which prevents using
      > a Meade focuser on an LNT/PE scope.
      >
      > If it's a firmware bug (if it exists), Meade will certainly
      > try to fix it. Where was the "somewhere"?
      >
      > Anyway, certainly you can use the focuser's hand control
      > to operate the focuser... the Autostar won't know or care
      > that it's there...
      >
      > have fun
      > --dick
    • autostaretx
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
        --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Z" <jkzimm@m...> wrote:
        > Thanks Dick -
        >
        > It was message #8380 here, but as I re-read it, there are no
        > specifics. So I just *assumed* it was a firmware problem - my error
        > (whew!).

        I think that reference was about the 1247 not mechanically
        -fitting- onto the LNT/PE scope, due to the reshaped back
        cover and the LNT being in the way.

        have fun
        --dick